Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-11-2002, 06:15 PM   #21
Greadius
The Magister

Glad this game wasn't designed for uber-only players. The dragons aren't incredibally tough but they're no walk in the park.
First of all, I always melee. Ranged weapons are for wusses and the slow. Unfortunately I don't have a 20th level barbarian with maximum hit points...

Evergreene, the only reason I defeated the Ice dragon was because Linu was wise enough to cast Harm on it for 150HP's... and then I went on a 2 round, 10 swing missing streak before finally bringing it down and I was near death (evasion saved me from the breath weapon in the last round too, I was so proud )
So, my advice is to charge up a nice harm spell, sneak up (or trounce up) on to it, and WHACK! it with that red glow.
Greadius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2002, 06:36 PM   #22
AndyG
Elminster

Those of you who are struggling with the dragon in the Snow Glove, you did repair the amulet, right? If not, give that a try...

My monk had an easy time with most of the dragons. The white went down real easy. The green and blue took a while, but no real problem. Klauth was tough, but I didn't need to run away and heal or anything. Those two corrupted dragons were tough as well, but again, I got them without major difficulty. I found the Old One Warriors a lot harder than those dragons.

P.S. The green dragon is actually evil. If you ask Gorgotha about other dragons in the area, she'll tell you about her.

[ 07-11-2002, 06:38 PM: Message edited by: AndyG ]
AndyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2002, 07:24 PM   #23
john
Drizzt Do'Urden

The only dragon I had a hard time with was Klauth.I melee with my elvan ranger level 10 ranger 4 fighter and Tomi.It took me an hour!? Some people here are saying it was easy and never hardly had to even heal themselves!!I'm wearing studded leather+3 armor and some cold sword sometimes a whole round and I only will do 4or 5 damage!??And my dex is high and str.is over 20 with an ogre belt..So what am I doing wrong!?..On to chap 4
Old 07-11-2002, 08:36 PM   #24
Evergreene
The Magister

I am going to try to "repair the amulet" first.. i eventually did kill the dragon, but crashed before saving when i zoned out LOL. I ended up keeping it at bay with summoned pets, and just range hitting it.
Evergreene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2002, 10:11 PM   #25
Medieval Dead
Dungeon Master

Quote:
Originally posted by Lady Blue03:
But i thought the Angurvadel was supposed to b like the best sword in the game?? I have blade of the gladiator and thats awesome. Whre is that sword anyway? Benn keepin my ete out for it [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Actually the best (long) sword I found in the game was an Astral Sword +2 which was made via a Long Sword +3 and a diamond. It does extra sonic damage of 1-10, plus it does the nifty animition of a sound pulse ring that expands when you hit monsters and goes BOOM. Also very handy with busting open chests, usually opens them with just one hit.

[ 07-11-2002, 10:12 PM: Message edited by: Medieval Dead ]
Medieval Dead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2002, 01:53 AM   #26
Greadius
The Magister

Quote:
Originally posted by john:
So what am I doing wrong!?..On to chap 4
Possibly one of three things:
1. You were relatively low level for that encounter compared to most people here.
2. You don't play the game to maximize your combat effectiveness.
3. You're telling the truth.

Of course, all of them are irrelavent if you're having fun

Quote:
Originally posted by Medieval Dead:
Actually the best (long) sword I found in the game was an Astral Sword +2 which was made via a Long Sword +3 and a diamond. It does extra sonic damage of 1-10, plus it does the nifty animition of a sound pulse ring that expands when you hit monsters and goes BOOM.
My favorite weapon. Little Boomer
Goes great with the +2 Storm Hammer (lightning) in the off hand. Get a little thunderstorm action going.
Greadius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2002, 03:11 AM   #27
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

also, try to get an item that can give you constant haste spell. you'll notice this will make a huge difference.
Kakero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2002, 02:25 PM   #28
Evergreene
The Magister

OMG it is a TOTALLY different fight!!
Before i had "fixed the amulet" i went in and attacked the dragon neutral, he was about 99% magic resistant, REALLY tough and when i killed him i got like 450exp. Then, not realizing he would be "red" after fixing the amulet, i went right in to him WITHOUT buffs, (on a save game of course) i cast them right there after the fighting began, but he was A CINCH! I only got about 350 exp and we took almost no damage! I did not even have the fixed amulet equipped, because i use a wisdom amulet and was afraid i would lose spells.
Old 07-12-2002, 02:27 PM   #29
Evergreene
The Magister

Grinch- did you fix the amulet first? try it! im telling you it was a totally different fight!!
Old 07-12-2002, 11:26 PM   #30
AndyG
Elminster

John, for that fight with Klauth, did you kill the blue dragon and give Klauth the orb? That will cut the time for the fight down a lot. It doesn't make him easier to hit or damage, but it takes away about 80% of his hit points.
AndyG is offline   Reply With Quote