Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-16-2002, 09:23 AM   #1
Attalus
Symbol of Bane

Is it a bug, or am I missing something? I have gotten to the monastary, gotten rid of the treacherous abbot (or whatever she was ) and have gotten permision to do the trials. I have gotten rid of my equipment, whasisname says he has opened the doors, but I can't get into the room of stone with all of the switches. The game keeps saying the same thing about not being a lock you can open or simple spells. Have I missed a step?
Old 11-16-2002, 10:40 AM   #2
Madrigal Five
Dungeon Master

That Monk in the basement is supposed to TELEPORT you into the room when you tell him you're ready to go in.
Madrigal Five is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2002, 06:05 PM   #3
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Attalus, go talk to the monk downstairs, if you have dropped EVERYTHING from the ONE character who is going to do the trial, one of your options is "I'm ready to do the trial or some such thing". If you still have stuff he'll tell you to take it back upstairs but ask him to keep it, he will. It ends up btwn the stairs and you then ask him to do the trial again and he teleports you.
Old 11-17-2002, 09:46 AM   #4
Attalus
Symbol of Bane

Thanks, Cloudy, I shall.
Attalus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2002, 02:35 PM   #5
Azred
Drow Priestess

Question Mark

The Trials of Eight was a typical "DM Fiat" locale--only one person holding no equipment may enter. [img]graemlins/dontknowaboutyou.gif[/img] Oh, well. All games have fiats here and there.

Anyway, when my monk (poor monk; he's not as effective as the other front-line types and can't cast spells, but I don't feel like designing another character for the party right now) couldn't finish a room I switched to the barbarian. Whatever works....

No matter how thinly you slice it, it's still bologna.
Azred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2002, 04:16 PM   #6
Attalus
Symbol of Bane

We used Viconia, the Drow cleric (fancy that!), for her Summoning skills, as well as her Bone Circle , for the first room.
Old 11-17-2002, 04:49 PM   #7
Lord Corwin
The Magister

I had the most luck with my Sorcerer going through this part.

Lots of summon spells. While the monks fight with all the monsters I bring in,I nail them with some fire spells,and now and then smack one with a flail.

This was one part of the game,that a magic user makes a fighter look like a wimp.
Old 11-17-2002, 11:10 PM   #8
Luvian
Ironworks Moderator

I did all room but the last with my paladin. My paladin was getting killed too fast by the monks in the last room, so I switched to my thiefling thief.
Old 11-19-2002, 11:12 AM   #9
Yggdrasil
Dungeon Master

I used my human fighter4/battleguard10 for all 8 rooms. Sanctuary, Armor of Faith & Champion Strength.

[ 11-19-2002, 11:13 AM: Message edited by: Yggdrasil ]
Yggdrasil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2002, 02:34 PM   #10
Attalus
Symbol of Bane

It was really easy using a cleric. Didja know that stone monks cannot hit Zombie Lords?