Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-22-2005, 06:01 PM   #1
armageddon272
Symbol of Cyric

Well, after about a year haedus, I decided to reinstall Morrowind. I'm planning on adding some mods and such to make the game a bit different so I can stay hooked again.

Ok, here's the deal: I've already played through the game as a thief, mage, and fighter. I've even tried my hand at combos of the three, but I need something more interesting, something new that will add a challenge to the game but not so much that it ruins the fun.

So does anyone have any unique class/skill/race combos to suggest?
armageddon272 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2005, 08:00 PM   #2
Lucern
Quintesson

Not really, but they're worth a look anyway

Note that's it's been at least 2 years since I've played, and I no longer have access to it, so my skill names will be incomplete and wrong lol.

Cleric: Something of a fighter/mage. Pick for your skills 2-3 non-offensive magics, especially the ones that involve curation and enchantment (not of objects). Not conjuration or the one with all the offensive magics. Depending on the challenge you want, pick medium or heavy armor. Take bludgeoning weapons, for that D&D cleric feel. I recall there being an appropriate organization to join up with for cleric types. Fill out the rest as you see fit.

Argonian pearl diver: Light armor, spears as weapons, and whatever else catches your fancy. You'll want to start pearl hunting right away, because soon enough it won't really be a challenge. I heard there's a mod with a boat, which might well make this even more fun. The cool thing about this is all the weird things you find along the coastlines, from crashed ships to underwater caves (grottos) full of slaughterfish and pearls. When you begin your landlubber career, you'll be astoundingly athletic, rich enough to deck yourself out, have several levels already, and be competent with at least one weapon class.

Finally, the peasant: lol..I wanted to download the appropriate mods that would make my character extremely weak at the beginning with very few useful skills and little access to anything valuable. The progression would be very challenging, particularly with the mod that slows skill progression down. It would also be acceptable to choose the skills that you will eventually be good at, but still start miserably low at them. Go straight to Balmora or another town with an empty house of some sort to 'officially' start your adventure.
Lucern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2005, 08:16 PM   #3
Kyrvias
Lord Ao

I would disagree with the "No conjuration" rule for the cleric... does the spell "Animate Dead" mean anything to you

I would recomend the cleric class as well, as it is a good class to RP.
Kyrvias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2005, 08:47 PM   #4
Ilander
20th Level Warrior

Hiatus. That's all you'll get from me, the speelin Natzi.

Have you tried a monk? hand to hand unarmored?

Or a noble? focus on non combat skills?

I'm finally winding down with the game with Ilander, a Knight Errant (longsword, heavy armor, security, and social skills, under the sign of the Lady). I think I'll go back through with a "Swashbuckler" though...a guy who's not allowed to use any weapon other than a sabre or whatever they're called in that game [img]smile.gif[/img] He'll be an unarmored character, of course.

Is that what you really want to say?
Ilander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2005, 02:01 AM   #5
Lucern
Quintesson

Quote:
Originally posted by Kyrvias:
I would disagree with the "No conjuration" rule for the cleric... does the spell "Animate Dead" mean anything to you

I would recomend the cleric class as well, as it is a good class to RP.
Oh I see..you're playing an Eeevil cleric
Lucern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2005, 06:51 AM   #6
armageddon272
Symbol of Cyric

Hmm, the [Evil] Cleric and the Monk sound interesting. I figured I'd try something like that, and not let myself use any type of sword, since finding a decent weapon of a different kind would be tricky. I think I'll also limit myself to weapons and armour that I find instead of buying them. Now, the tricky part, is should I accept weapons and armour from NPCs I kill and should I allow myself to steal?

Thanks for the spelling hint, Ilander.
Old 11-23-2005, 10:32 AM   #7
Ilander
20th Level Warrior

If you're an evil cleric, absolutely...after all, they're items that can be put to better uses for your gods. If you're a good cleric, maybe, but only if the items you left could potentially be used for evil. Yes, I know, that can't happen in Morrowind, but that's where the roleplaying aspect comes in.

As far as "decent" weapons are concerned, I found a daedric mace not to long ago that I like quite a bit...though it's still hard for me not to pull out the Umbra Sword anyway

Is that what you really want to say?
Ilander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2005, 10:44 AM   #8
Kyrvias
Lord Ao

For a lowish level cleric... take alchemy. You can make healing potions! and cure poison, ect.
Old 11-23-2005, 08:59 PM   #9
armageddon272
Symbol of Cyric

Well, after installing the Giants Ultimate mod, I decided tht if I'm gonna be ready for all the new creatures it's added, I'm gonna want a decent character. SO I just went and used my normal power character, but to at least make it interesting, I vowed never to buy weapons or armour, and that when I absolutely need money, I will earn the money meself and not just steal/sell stuff or use the Creeper exploit.
Old 11-25-2005, 05:26 PM   #10
Kyrvias
Lord Ao

What about hte Mudcrab exploit?