Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 04-15-2002, 09:59 PM   #41
Leonis
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Originally posted by caleb:
Oh not another "my wife is my best friend" Your best friend should not be handling your PENIS!
Mate, grow up. That was completely unnecessary and it's very close to insulting my wife which I would take strong offence to. You seem to be either too young to understand this conversation or you believe that someone who isn't your best friend should but trusted with something so important ... think about that...an aquaintence? an enemy? a stranger?
Your best friend can still be sexy, feminine, attractive and all the things you think are all you need from a woman, but you will eventually find that they are the least importantant qualities to look for and there's another thing, to put it bluntly, I don't think Lorena Bobbit was John Wayne's best friend now, do you?
Old 04-15-2002, 10:33 PM   #42
Glorfindel
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Quote:
Originally posted by Lioness:
quote:
Originally posted by Jerome:
[img]smile.gif[/img] Can I call you Pippi? [img]tongue.gif[/img] [img]tongue.gif[/img] [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Try it, Mr. Paladin. [img]graemlins/grabblue.gif[/img]

[img]graemlins/blueblink.gif[/img] [/QB][/QUOTE] Im taking that calling u that is another one of those things that will get me whomped [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 04-15-2002, 10:58 PM   #43
Farscry
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Eyes and lips. That's all it takes for me.

But let me explain why in more detail. Like explained above, the eyes are the most important thing: if they have eyes which are warm, inviting, and soft enough that you know they aren't holding anything back, then I'm totally lost in them. [img]smile.gif[/img]

And as for lips, if you combine a soft, gently smiling pair of lips with those loving eyes, I'm yours for life.

Which is a large part of why I'm a total sucker for the love of my life; she's just wonderful, and her eyes are magnificent. She turns those eyes on me and I just turn into a big gooey pile of mush.

Oh, and for those who're tracking color preferences, she's brown eyed/brown haired.

Farscry
Old 04-15-2002, 11:21 PM   #44
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Just had to say GOOD FOR YOU to Azure Wolf and
bravo to Leonis for his comments on his wife and friendship in that relationship. I appreciate your candor Leonis, refreshing and reassuring! And yours are really mature comments Azure, I'm impressed! Three Cheers for our Aussies! (ok so Az is a transplanted kiwi.. )

Cloudy
Old 04-15-2002, 11:55 PM   #45
Krishach
Drow Warrior

Oh, also, I couldn't imagine being with a girl that didn't listen to the music I listen to. I don't know why, but if she didn't listen to my music, she would be soon cause I'll blast it loud! But I guess that goes into the personality category. A girl must have common sense. Some people... *counts to 10*... it amazes me how much they lack common sense. Annnnnyway... yea.
Old 04-15-2002, 11:57 PM   #46
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

Quote:
Originally posted by Leonis:
Well said [img]smile.gif[/img]
I've been with my wife 10 years too (married 6) and I've found that deep and intimate knowledge (talking mentally here) of someone who you also love unconditionally increases and expands their beauty in so many ways. I was physically attracted to my wife before we went out, but we connected intellectually and spiritual first, became friends and then started going out.
An older friend of mine told me when I was 15, "marry your best friend", and it has proven itself time and time again.
Good looks won't make arguing with her any easier, they mean nothing if she cheats on you, a beautiful enemy is still an enemy and everyone gets old...
Basing your criteria how well you get on, respect, passion for life, mutual understanding and interests and so on will always win out and no matter what she looks like she will always be the most beautiful woman you know!
Yes, yes, but the fact remains that she is a very sexy and attractive woman. And that you are a lucky man. [img]smile.gif[/img]

I find the initial attraction of a woman is in her eyes. The window to the soul. Much can be learned about her from that window.

I agree about how attraction changes depending on the growth in the relationship. I've experienced it both ways. Had someone who was incredibly, incredibly beautiful seem ugly to me at the end of the relationship. Conversely I've found women to become more beautiful as I've got to know them. The inner beauty IS where it's at. It starts inside and surges out from there.

Girls, let no one tell you otherwise.

http://www.hughwilson.com
Old 04-16-2002, 12:09 AM   #47
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

Quote:
Originally posted by caleb:
Oh not another "my wife is my best friend" Your best friend should not be handling your PENIS!
WTF!!! Who the hell do you think you are? You display extreme ignorance on matters of relationships, and extremely poor social skills by answering in such fashion. I shudder to think what mistakes you'll make with both women and meeting new people by making inane comments such as this.

Here we have a man who's been married for six years or so, to a woman he's been with for at least 12 years, giving sage advice on matters on the heart - from his heart - and you have the audacity to insult him??

CAN WE PLEASE BAN THIS JERK?
If everyone responded to open honest meaningful expression is the way this guy has, the forum would be devoid of any real communication.

Kudos to Leonis for responding in the calm, measured, dignified way he did. He's a better human than I am, in more ways than one.

http://www.hughwilson.com
Old 04-16-2002, 01:02 AM   #48
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Elif Godson:
Well just to keep it safe, I would have to say My Wife
She knows me for what and who I am and I her.
She is 4' 11" and weight's 110 lbs soaking wet wearing heavy denim material Personality and a good sense of humor make it all the much better. plus being able to communicate and not getting that blank stare of no understanding is great. I have been with my wife now for almost 10 years and still going strong, because we laugh together and enjoy each other. Remember lad's alway's listen to what your mate haas to say even if you dont care about it...Listen
let them know you do give a damn, and be there to hold them and pick them up when they fall.
Elif,this is beautiful! [img]smile.gif[/img] She's one lucky lady, your wife!

Cloudy
Old 04-16-2002, 03:32 AM   #49
Aelia Jusa
Iron Throne Cult

Tetris Champion
Quote:
Originally posted by Cloudbringer:
And yours are really mature comments Azure, I'm impressed! Three Cheers for our Aussies! (ok so Az is a transplanted kiwi.. )
Don't worry, we always claim New Zealanders we like as Aussies (Russell Crowe, anyone? ). *big hugs Azure* I hope there are more guys like you out there [img]smile.gif[/img]

Edit: there are lol! *hugs Leonis, Elif, Yorick* [img]smile.gif[/img] Now to nab me one

[ 04-16-2002, 03:47 AM: Message edited by: Aelia Jusa ]
Old 04-16-2002, 03:44 AM   #50
Neb
Account deleted by Request

As "holy" as it might sound I'll have to say that I never bothered thinking about what I really like in a "gal's" looks. As long as they're not huge blobs of fat or some other extreme of ugliness it's good enough for me [img]tongue.gif[/img] . The mind is what matters most [img]smile.gif[/img]