Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-04-2002, 03:52 PM   #1
NobleNick
Quintesson

Hi guys!

Just wanted to share how much unexpected fun I've been having, taking a break from my most advanced game (severed hand):

I took to heart some of the advice posted about how good bards, druids and rangers are. After careful consideration, I opted to "grow" a bard and a fighter/druid (dual over to druid at level 9 or level 13).

Well, anyway, my weakest character (hit points) in the advanced party is Sashii my multi-class Thief/Illusionist. MC characters seem to advance so-o-o slowly; that I figured I would use her to help the other two beginners over the rough spots, and get some more expo for her, to boot.

Well, it is SO fun to see her blast away all the monsters that used to be a real threat to her WHOLE party in the beginning. With the original party, she all but got killed in the ogre cave; and it took the combined effort of the entire party just to keep her alive. It went like this: Run, Sashii, run! and the rest of the party targeted the closest monster chasing Sashii. Just after this humiliating incident her party's tank got SPLATTERED against the wall by you-know-who. This time around, I sent the budding bard into the final chamber to lure everyone out. Then Sashii cast stinking cloud in the corridor just in time for the bard to escape. All the monsters, except you-know-who collapsed into a big pile at the far end of the corridor. I targeted one unlucky ogre on top of the pile and cast fireball: Fa - BO-O-O-O-OMM!!! Everything is toast, except you-know-who; who is almost dead, despite the fact that my Druid and Bard have been missing with arrows for the entire time. A final toasting with Aganazzar's Scorcher and it's time to loot the place!

It's been like that all the way: cruising through the game at high speed. We are jetting towards our third cave in the Vale, now, and Sashii still rocks! "Hi Yeti, Bye Yeti!" and etc.

I would recommend the experience (no pun intended) to anybody!

[ 10-04-2002, 04:17 PM: Message edited by: NobleNick ]
NobleNick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2002, 07:30 PM   #2
Lord Brass
Emerald Dragon

An unexpected delight with IWD is the import/export process. Creating a character on the fly, or importing your entire team and starting again is sooo much fun! It's a shame that other games don't let you do the same to this extent.
Old 10-07-2002, 07:51 AM   #3
Keraptisdm
Elminster

It's also fun to import a first level character into an advanced party/game and watch them level up REAL fast.
Keraptisdm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2002, 10:57 PM   #4
Peytin of Rothmire
Manshoon

You can import your more seasoned adventurers in BGII and replay the game(at least in multiplay anyway). I never tried in BGI.
Peytin of Rothmire is offline   Reply With Quote