Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-21-2002, 06:28 AM   #1
Sir Moosington
Dungeon Master

I finally managed to get through all of IWD, HOW and TOTL multiplayer over a LAN. It seems to have taken a lifetime.

However in the final confrontation with Befhithet or whatever his name is he just won't die. Got him down to almost dead and was hacking away for a good 10 minutes!!! I have replayed the fight 5 or 6 times with the same result.

The characters had to be imported a couple of times in order to do TOTL, so quest items were lost, but there is nothing on any of the walkthroughs to say that we need to be carrying anything to kill him.

PLEASE HELP!!!
Old 01-21-2002, 08:33 AM   #2
Micah Foehammer
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

There are no special items that are needed to kill him, but he does regenerate fairly fast. I don't understand why he isn't dropping for you as he isn't THAT tough.

http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3793&dateline=1187636  783
Micah Foehammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2002, 08:24 AM   #3
Garnet FalconDance
Mephistopheles

Well, ol' Belfart (never can remember his real name [img]smile.gif[/img] ) gave my party a bit of trouble and they were pretty 'bad' already! When he finally fell (and I killed him twice just because I didn't appreciate his attitude at all) it was with a dwarven tank chopping at his kneecaps with a war ax (enchanted, ofc), a half-elf fighter chick slashing at his groin with a bastard sword (enchanted, ofc), a mage casting a few spells but mostly just dying, a cleric busy keeping everybody healed as she was bashing in the golems' kneecaps (was all she could reach--gnomes are kinda vertically challenged), and a thief and ranger plunking him full of holes with their (enchanted, ofc) arrows! Somehow it worked and he eventually fell, but I suspect it was as much from laughter as anything [img]smile.gif[/img] .

Seriously, you really don't need any 'special' weapons. It does take a few minutes to wrestle him down but simply because he regenerates so quickly, as Micah pointed out. Make sure you take out his henchmen first so you can focus on downing him, though.
Old 01-22-2002, 12:34 PM   #4
Durwyn
Elminster

Well, I havent even gotten up to that yet, I'm waiting for MICAH!!! To finally spend some online time with me in ToLM [img]smile.gif[/img] , but in any case I'm in progress of getting to that part.

In all my IWD experience, the main thing that you have to consider really, is strategy. If you plan your attacks strategically you will succeed [img]smile.gif[/img] .

Good Luck!
Old 01-22-2002, 12:42 PM   #5
Micah Foehammer
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

I am properly chastised, Durwyn. [img]smile.gif[/img]

http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3793&dateline=1187636  783
Micah Foehammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2002, 06:35 PM   #6
Warboss
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I had saved a potion of speed and a poition of giant strength for each of my fighters (and multi-classed fighters). I spent the forst two rounds drinking the potions, then took out the iron golems one at a time, then the demon dudes one at a time, then finally Belhifet. Four fighters on speed with 24 STR will take anything down right quick. I used my mage to summon some cannon fodder for anyhting I wans't fighting.