Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-19-2002, 01:51 PM   #1
Thanlan
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I am kinda new to icewind dale but i was quick to recognize that thre is a lack of portriats. so my question is where can i find some good ones and how to i get them do i have to have some program to use them in the game thanks
Thanlan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2002, 02:11 PM   #2
J'aran
Mephistopheles

Allright, first of all, welcome to Ironworks!
[img]graemlins/thewave.gif[/img]

You can download some cool portraits from Havak's Portraits and Sounds.

To use them, just create a folder named 'portraits' in your IWD main folder and copy the portraits there. Then in the game, when you create a character, select 'custom' from the portrait menu and select the port you want.

To change an existing character's port, go to the record-screen, click customize, and then appearance.
J'aran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2002, 04:35 PM   #3
Thanlan
Elite Waterdeep Guard

i went to the website it had realy cool pics i downloaded them but i dont know how to get them to work im not familiar with how to do this..im a real noob. so i quees my question is what do you mean when you say go to your icewind files? im just confused
Thanlan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2002, 07:57 PM   #4
Sorcerer Alex

I'll try to explain this as best I can.

Go to 'my computer' and then 'program files'. Click 'black isle' and then make a new folder in this directory (by right clicking in this screen). Name this 'portraits'. Next, move the downloaded pictures into this folder.

The next time you start up Icewind Dale, you can change your portrait in the normal way, except this time selecting 'custom portrait' in the menu. Hope this helps [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 01-19-2002, 08:15 PM   #5
Greadius
The Magister

I'm having difficulty downloading from that Havak website you listed. It sends me to 3ddownloads.com, whic sends me to an error display when I try to download the .zip files. Is there any other way to get the portraits from there?
Greadius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2002, 06:49 AM   #6
Darkman

I was having the same problem when I was trying to download from Havak's. Maybe you're supposed to be a registered member... Yet you could always just right click on the picture and select Save As, then bmp format.
Old 01-20-2002, 06:51 AM   #7
Darkman

Oh and I almost forgot, http://www.kirith.com/ also has some really nice portraits.
Old 01-20-2002, 08:55 AM   #8
J'aran
Mephistopheles

I don't think you need to be a registered member to download from Havak's. I'm not, and I never have any trouble. No idea why you get that error. But there are loads of websites with cool portraits for BG and IWD. As Darkman said, Kirith has some, and you can also go to the Baldur's Gate and Icewind Dale sections of the main Ironworks website.
J'aran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2002, 10:57 AM   #9
Greadius
The Magister

I got it to work. The website Havlak sets downloads through has a cap on the number of users. I must have been trying to download at prime time. When I tried again this morning I got them all on the first try.
Greadius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2002, 06:40 PM   #10
Warboss
Elite Waterdeep Guard

You can always make your own from any picture you happen to find. The proper size is listed in the instructions. I use a picture of Arnold as Conan for my fighter, among the others.