Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-05-2001, 07:20 PM   #1
FallenPaladin
Dungeon Master

Ok, firstly I'm new here, so welcome me. Thank you.
Now, to my questions. I'm playing a solo Paladin with the exp xap remover. I do not yet own HoW, so I thought I'd hit the exp.xap pretty quick if I diddn't have the remover. And I wanted to make a super warrior, capable of defeating Belhifet all by himself (I've finished the game before with a normal character). Anyway, so here I was travelling through Dorns deep, slaying drow with my trusty Long sword of the Hand +3 (I didn't have anything better then ), fantasising about me summoning earth elementals with my paladin, when everything fell apart. I goto lvl 20, and what do I see, I CAN'T ADVANCE ANY FURTHER!!! So is there a way to go above lvl 20 with the cap remover. I have 5 million exp points now, and just the thought of what level I should be now, makes me want to start crying. Somb, somb. Anywa I heard something about a rule pack that you can download that lets you get to lvl 40. Is it true? And if it is where can I download it. I've been searching for the damn thing for ages and I haven't found anything.
A final question, does anybody know where I can find the plate of suffering ( the one with AC -3)? And is it possible to have an AC beyond -20 (I have -15 now, that should be -18 qith the plate).
FallenPaladin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2001, 07:26 PM   #2
Lord of Alcohol
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Have you looked in the IWD section of this site? Theres a bunch of download options there. The download section should have it
Lord of Alcohol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2001, 09:25 PM   #3
DawnChaser
Zhentarim Guard

Welcome FallenPaladin!!!

I don't have any experience with the exp.cap remover, I just posted to welcome you aboard!

"Well Met!"

------------------
DawnChaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2001, 06:45 AM   #4
FallenPaladin
Dungeon Master

I've looked at the download section of both this and of others sides. None of them have it. I'm beginning to think it might not even exist, but I'm waiting to see if anybody knows something.
Old 07-07-2001, 10:28 AM   #5
Leafy
Zhentarim Guard

pppsssttt. borrow your a copy of Heart Of Winter from your kid brother's friend and install it. you won;t need the disk afterwards
Leafy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2001, 10:30 PM   #6
Alaric
Manshoon

Leafy, are you sure you don't need the cd?

When I went from Icewind Dale to Heart of Winter it asked me to insert CD #3 - the CD for Heart of Winter. Everytime I load in a save from HoW, it asks me to insert this CD as well.

By the way, welcome to the board Fallen Paladin.

[This message has been edited by Alaric (edited 07-07-2001).]
Alaric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2001, 03:21 PM   #7
Leafy
Zhentarim Guard

Alaric, are you SURE it asked for CD 3? I've never been asked for it! If i start the game without a disk, it asks me to insert Disk 2 or Heart of Winter. I can load games saved in the Heart of Winter areas and move between boards just fine. Perhaps you found some sort of CD check with actually talking to Hjolder and going to the HoW area??? Anyway, even if it does ask for the HoW CD at that one point, you can still install HoW and play all the regular IWD levels with the new rules and new exp cap with no troubles and no Disk 3!
Leafy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2001, 05:29 PM   #8
Axterix
Manshoon

Aye, should only need disk 2 from IWD or HoW... either one lets you play.
Axterix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2001, 02:18 AM   #9
Alaric
Manshoon

Quote:
Originally posted by Leafy:
Alaric, are you SURE it asked for CD 3? I've never been asked for it! If i start the game without a disk, it asks me to insert Disk 2 or Heart of Winter. I can load games saved in the Heart of Winter areas and move between boards just fine. Perhaps you found some sort of CD check with actually talking to Hjolder and going to the HoW area??? Anyway, even if it does ask for the HoW CD at that one point, you can still install HoW and play all the regular IWD levels with the new rules and new exp cap with no troubles and no Disk 3!
Yes, it does ask me for Disk 3. If I start the game without a disk, it also asks me to insert Disk 2 or Heart of Winter. If I insert Disk 2 into the machine, it starts to load and if the save was from one of the areas in Heart of Winter it stops and asks me to insert Disk 3. I cannot load my saved game in without putting the HoW disk in the machine.

------------------
All the world is a stage and we are all actors playing our parts.
Alaric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2001, 06:27 PM   #10
FallenPaladin
Dungeon Master

Just wamted to tell you all that I've found it. I've just finished the game with my lvl 34 Paladin and didn't even get HoW. I killed both Iron Golems, I killed Belhifet, and I still had more than half my HPs . I still didn't find the plate of suffering though.