Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-10-2001, 03:24 AM   #1
Killer
Banned User

how can you help her or just slagher her the drow bith(only experience
Killer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2001, 10:39 AM   #2
Father Bronze
Baaz Draconian

Which Drow? Where?
Father Bronze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2001, 11:48 AM   #3
Hudson Hawk
Elite Waterdeep Guard

You talking about that drow chick on the first floor of that guys undergroud stronghold... the one with the black eye that doesn't want you to kill her boyfriend? She's a tool.

------------------
A coward dies a thousand deaths, and the brave may die just once... but a Master Thief simply chooses not to die.
Hudson Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2001, 12:16 PM   #4
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

That's right,,,you can use her to your advantage, but to say how would be spoiling, and you did not ask for that. It would be better not to kill her, but you can, if you want to make things more difficult to accomplish.

------------------

Larry, a Loyal Guardian of the OHF
Larry_OHF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2001, 03:00 PM   #5
Axterix
Manshoon

There is a way to release her from the enchantmant that has been cast upon her.
Axterix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2001, 03:39 AM   #6
Killer
Banned User

how?
Killer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2001, 04:38 PM   #7
Leafy
Zhentarim Guard

Spoiler
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
The drow woman in Marketh's chambers? how does she help? hmmm, she just whails a lot in my opinion. i don;t think her quest is really worth it, but.....
i believe you must talk to her and PROMISE her you will not kill marketh.
then, when you talk to marketh, you have to choose the dialog that says "she told me not to hurt you so i won't" (which i never do cuz there is a much better choice for the charismatic player characters).. then marketh slips away unhurt and when you talk to her again, she thanks you and gives you exp..
i never do this though cuz it's far more worth while to kill Marketh or sweet talk him out of his inventory...
... she's under a spell? maybe malavons? i've never found a game connection between the two though..
Leafy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2001, 05:04 PM   #8
Axterix
Manshoon

Spoiler to follow
Letting Marketh go makes it possible to get the xp... but the important thing is to not kill him so that she'll continue to talk to you (not sure if you can get Marketh to give up his goodies, I think so though, long as he lives). Her brother (Malavon?, the guy with the umberhulks) has a potion of null effect (or null magic or whatever... look at it, it says it can remove all magical enchantments, geas, etc, sells for several thousand) in his treasure stash. If you have that in your inventory and you've let Marketh go, then you can give her the potion which will leave her free to go. Then you get xp.

[This message has been edited by Axterix (edited 05-14-2001).]
Axterix is offline   Reply With Quote