Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-19-2002, 04:13 PM   #1
NativityinBlack
Welcomed New User

This Is really annoying. I have tried using the walk through posted here on Ironworks and I still can't get past the lich. My other problem is that Bandoth won't take the Razorvine Extract from me and shoe me the secret passage. No key from the ghost, noe secret passage. What do I do now? Does my game have a glich?? I have spent too much time LOL, trying to figure this one out. Any advice would be appreciated. This game might make a good coaster.
NativityinBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2002, 09:20 AM   #2
Micah Foehammer
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

There is NO secret passage. The entrance to Dorn's deep is across a bridge on the eastern side of the main Ettin cavern. Exit Bandoth's cave, go west all the way back to hear the main entrance to the cavern, then go south and bear right - after you encounter the Ettins turn south east. Look for the bridge ... that is the entrance to dorn's deep.

Lich? You must mean Larrel ....

Do you have the most recent patches? Latest patch for IWD is version 1.06 and version 1.41 if you have the HOW expansion installed. ToL is version 1.42. MAKE SURE you have the proper language version of each patch installed!

http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3793&dateline=1187636  783
Micah Foehammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2002, 03:46 PM   #3
NativityinBlack
Welcomed New User

The Lich is Terikan and I am on Chapter 4. I tried the 1.06 patch and it doesn't make any difference to my problem. According to the walk through there is suppose to be a secret door on the right just as you enter the dwarven complex. Is this the door Bandoth is suppose to show you? Bandoth will not do anything for me, even with the razorvine extract. I can't get past Terikan (lich) even if I follow the walk throughs intructions. This game is very disapointing.
Old 01-20-2002, 05:33 PM   #4
Christopneuma
Elite Waterdeep Guard

if i remember correctly , there is no secret passage and you need to destroy the lich by putting the gem into mantle without disarming it
then fight some nasty dudes protecting entrance to next level
Christopneuma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2002, 08:56 AM   #5
Micah Foehammer
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

OOOPS ... my apologies .... I totally suffered brain lock on your question. Spoilers below:

The secret door - yes, there IS a secret door, its the one at the back end of the room with the statues of dwarves holding hammers. BUT, if you already have encountered then you have found it and there is nothing else to be done with it.

Terikan .... to kill Terikan, you need to destroy his phylactery. He will continue to regenerate and fight you until that is done! Here's what you do ....

In the room at the top of the stairs where you first encounter Terikan, there are a number of sarcophagi on the left side of this room. There is a key in one of them. You need that key to open the door at the back of the ante-room. Once you have that key, the door will open and you can access another chamber that have burial vaults on both sides. Terikan's Phylactery is in one of the last rooms on the left, and when it is taken into the second or third vault on the right, Terikan is automatically destroyed! Then go back and talk to the dwarf and he'll give you a key to open the door at the back of that chamber.

If you are having trouble killing Terikan, try this:

Beef up the protections on your fighters, etc. INCLUDING protection from fire! Then go in and confront Terikan for the first time. Your goal is to get the key! nothing more! Grab it and retreat! Rest, heal and repeat the protections! Now go in and start wailing on Terikan! If at all possible, ignore his summoned creatures. Concentrate on the lich! (An alternate approach is to ignore everything except the mummies first. Kill them, retreat, heal, rest, buff up and then go back for Terikan!) Once the lich is dead, open the door at the back of that chamber and go thru FAST! Now- STOP ... heal up using spells only, because you can't rest here ... then rush down the chamber for the phylactery, grab it, and run back down the hall and kill the lich for good.

Hope that works for you!

http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3793&dateline=1187636  783
Micah Foehammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2002, 11:51 PM   #6
NativityinBlack
Welcomed New User

Thank you all for the help. Till next time.