Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-30-2001, 06:40 PM   #1
Dresdan
Zhentarim Guard

Okay guys, I'm getting kind of board with ToB. Here is my dilema. I am playing a 23rd level Wizardslayer that has 5* in the two handed sword and 4* in the long sword. His magic resistence is at 94, and with his armour and weapons he is at a -12 AC and is immune to most everything. I also have greater whirlwind. Between me and Sarevok we are mowing through most everything quite easily. I know, most of you are going to say to up the difficulty. I don't think that will help my boredom problem though. I was thinking of dual classing instead to try to change the game play itself. If I do this will I miss out on anything special that the fighter will gain? And if I do dual class, What do you guys think would be the most fun to dual to? The more opinions the better. This by the way is my first time through. I started this guy in BG1, and played him all the way through to here. I really like the series alot, I just need to put some new life into it. Thanx everybody.
Dresdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2001, 07:20 PM   #2
Kezardin
Elminster

Dresdan,

as things stand, the *only* option really open to you is to dual to a thief - if your attributes are good enough. (DEX of 17+ etc)

Dualling to a wizard is out because with the XP cap your wiz slayer would never reactivate - a 23rd level wiz slayer, 24th level wizard would need 9,000,000 xp.

And if you dual to a cleric you lose all the * points you've put into bladed weapons.

Kez
Kezardin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2001, 09:25 PM   #3
toriuxik
Banned Smartass

lol, 1 level less dualed to thief, and you could get Use Any Item. Its fun having your Wizard Slayer beefed up with Ring of Gax and the like.
toriuxik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2001, 10:15 PM   #4
Dresdan
Zhentarim Guard

DOHSo the only thing I can dual to and still pick back up my Wizardslayer abilities is a thief? D**n I guess I'll just finish the game out as I am and start over with something else. Half-elf fighter-mage?
Old 12-01-2001, 02:46 AM   #5
frudi_x
Drow Warrior

you're finding your current character boringly easy and than you want to start a new game with a fighter-mage? [img]smile.gif[/img] if easy == boring for you than definitely don't play a fighter-mage (dual or multi).

however, if you want to spice your gaming experience up a bit, you might want to consider downloading a couple patches that make the 'boss-battles' in ToB significantly harder. get them here if you're interested.
frudi_x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2001, 03:29 AM   #6
Yggdrasil
Dungeon Master

You don't have to dual out to another class.
The easiest solution to boredom: kick Sarevok and everyone else in your party. That should make your game more 'interesting.'
Yggdrasil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2001, 07:33 AM   #7
Dresdan
Zhentarim Guard

Thanx for the input guys. I think I will kick Sarevok and maybe a couple others out. Next time through I think I'll try to solo. Probably a multi, F-T-M, for my first try. Just because I think I'll need the attributes of all these to get through.