Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 04-13-2003, 01:39 PM   #1
Arvon
Unicorn

HOMER SIMPSON HUMOR

"Lord help me, I'm just not that bright."
"What do we need a psychiatrist for? We know our kid is nuts."
"Now go on, boy, and pay attention. Because if you do, someday, you may achieve something that we Simpsons have dreamed about for generations: You may outsmart someone!"
"I bet Einstein turned himself all sorts of colors before he invented the light bulb."

"Beer. Now there's a temporary solution."
"Oh no! What have I done? I smashed open my little boy's piggy bank, and for what? A few measly cents, not even enough to buy one beer. Wait a minute, lemme count and make sure...not even close."
"Kill myself? Killing myself is the last thing I'd ever do. Now I have a purpose, a reason to live. I don't care who I have to face, I don't care who I have to fight, I will not rest until this street gets a stop sign!"
"If they think I'm going to stop at that stop sign, they're sadly mistaken!"
"Unlike most of you, I am not a nut."
"Safety? But sir! If truth be known, I actually caused more accidents around here than any other employee, including a few doozies no one every found out about."
"No, no, no, Lisa. If adults don't like their jobs, they don't go on strike. They just go in every day and do it really half-assed."
"Simpson-Homer Simpson, he's the greatest guy in his-tor-y. From the town of Springfield, he's about to hit a chestnut tree....D'oh!" (sung to the air of Flintstones theme song)
"Ignore the boy, Lord."
"Dear Lord, thank You for this microwave bounty, even though we don't deserve it. I mean... our kids are uncontrollable hellions! Pardon my French... but they act like savages! Did You see them at the picnic? Oh, of course You did... You're everywhere, You're omnivorous. Oh Lord! Why did You spite me with this family?"
"You know Moe, my mom once said something that really stuck with me. She said, `Homer, you're a big disappointment', and God bless her soul, she was really onto something."
"When will I learn? The answer to life's problems aren't at the bottom of a bottle, they're on TV!"
"Trying is the first step towards failure."
"America's health care system is second only to Japan... Canada, Sweden, Great Britain, ... well all of Europe. But you can thank your lucky stars we don't live in Paraguay!"
"What's the point of going out, we're just going to end up back here anyway?"
"Don't eat me. I have a wife and kids. Eat them." (to aliens who abducted Simpson family)
"I like my beer cold…my TV loud…and my homosexuals flaming."
"The code of the schoolyard, Marge! The rules that teach a boy to be a man. Let's see. Don't tattle. Always make fun of those different from you. Never say anything, unless you're sure everyone feels exactly the same way you do."
"I think the saddest day of my life was when I realised I could beat my Dad at most things, and Bart experienced that at the age of four."
"And there's nothing wrong with hitting someone when his back is turned."
"Being popular is the most important thing in the world!"
"Old people don't need companionship. They need to be isolated and studied so that it can be determined what nutrients they have that might be extracted for our personal use."
"Remember that postcard Grandpa sent us from Florida of that alligator biting that woman's bottom? That's right, we all thought it was hilarious. But it turns out we were wrong. That alligator was sexually harrassing that woman."

53.7% of all statistics are made up
Old 04-13-2003, 01:54 PM   #2
Horatio
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Quote:
Originally posted by Arvon:
"Old people don't need companionship. They need to be isolated and studied so that it can be determined what nutrients they have that might be extracted for our personal use."[/IMG]
[img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img]

Nice work, dude.
Old 04-13-2003, 01:57 PM   #3
Gangrell
Iron Throne Cult

Good one Arvon [img]graemlins/laugh2.gif[/img]
Old 04-13-2003, 02:13 PM   #4
Charlie
Lord Ao

ROTFLMAO

[ 04-13-2003, 02:14 PM: Message edited by: Charlie ]
[img]\"http://img.ranchoweb.com/images/ladyzekke/england1.gif\" alt=\" - \" /><br />One Love, Peace. [img]\"http://img.ranchoweb.com/images/ladyzekke/pissr.gif\" alt=\" - \" /> [img]\"http://img.ranchoweb.com/images/ladyzekke/piss.gif\" alt=\" - \" />
Old 04-13-2003, 02:48 PM   #5
/)eathKiller
Dracolisk

Those are down right awesome! Another great thing to look out for is the D'oh song techno remix [img]tongue.gif[/img]
[img]graemlins/homer.gif[/img]
it's chuck-full of quotes too ^_^
Old 04-13-2003, 02:52 PM   #6
Vaskez
Takhisis Follower

Most of those are unfunny when taken out of context but reading them reminds me of seeing it on TV and then I laugh
I mean if someone had never seen the Simpson's they would probably only laugh at a few of those.
Love conquers all? Damn, I'd say that area's gray
Old 04-13-2003, 02:57 PM   #7
Arledrian
Egyptian Goddess of the Dead

Quote:
Originally posted by Vaskez:
Most of those are unfunny when taken out of context but reading them reminds me of seeing it on TV and then I laugh
I mean if someone had never seen the Simpson's they would probably only laugh at a few of those.
Exactly [img]smile.gif[/img] it's Homer's whole appearance, demeanour, and general dohness that makes these so funny. I can just picture him saying every one. Hysterical
Old 04-13-2003, 02:59 PM   #8
Attalus
Symbol of Bane

Maybe that's why I only laughed at a few of them. [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 04-13-2003, 03:31 PM   #9
Rataxes
Symbol of Cyric

A few more general Simpson quotes

Professor Frink - No, Pops, it's too risky! For all we know, there could be cubes in there the size of gorillas!

Mr Burns - Oh Meltdown! It's one of those popular buzz-words. We prefer to call it an unrequested fission surplus

Chief Wiggum - This is Papa Bear. Put out an APB for a male suspect, driving a... car of some sort, heading in the direction of, uh, you know, that place that sells chili. Suspect is hatless. Repeat, hatless.

Chief Wiggum - I can't take more of this, we need action! Take that you lousy dimension! [goes berserk with his gun on a pink wall]

Homer - You know, when I was a boy, I really wanted a catcher's mitt, but my dad wouldn't get it for me. So I held my breath until I passed out and banged my head on the coffee table. The doctor thought I might have brain damage.
Bart - Dad, what's the point of this story?
Homer - I like stories

Homer - Here are your messages: You have 30 minutes to move your car, you have 10 minutes to move your car, your car has been impounded, your car has been crushed into a cube, you have 30 minutes to move your cube.

Homer - It's not easy to juggle a pregnant wife and a troubled child, but somehow I managed to fit in eight hours of TV a day.

Homer - Kids, you tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is, never try

Louie - Looks like an explosion at the Simpson house chief!
Chief Wiggum Awwh, that's two blocks away!
Louie - It looks like there's beer coming out of the chimney
Chief Wiggum - I'm proceeding on foot!
Louie - We need pretzels! I repeat, pretzels!

[ 04-13-2003, 03:36 PM: Message edited by: Rataxes ]
Old 04-13-2003, 04:25 PM   #10
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

hehe, gotta loves The Simpson.