Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-31-2003, 10:34 PM   #11
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Micah Foehammer:
What possible fun is it to go in to a mod with items like you described? If nothing can hurt you and you can kill at a whim, where is the challenge?
There is no real Challenge Micah, they just get laughs that they messed somebody else's game up, that's it far as I can see. There are even websites on the net where PKs gather and brag about their "conquests." It's messed up.

Reality Show Recaps
Old 05-31-2003, 10:40 PM   #12
Micah Foehammer
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

It's sad, LadyZ. I can't believe they have their own websites to brag about that sort of stuff ... lol ... that is pathetic. "Oh, look how bad I am .... I wiped the floor with those low level characters ... "

If you ever feel the need to join a game on a weekend let me know. [img]smile.gif[/img] No PvP is tolerated except in jest. [img]smile.gif[/img]

http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3793&dateline=1187636  783
Old 05-31-2003, 10:48 PM   #13
Charlie
Lord Ao

Quote:
If you ever feel the need to join a game on a weekend let me know. [img]smile.gif[/img] No PvP is tolerated except in jest. [img]smile.gif[/img]
As it should be...or perhaps if you role play a Drow type char openly hostile to other races then PvP in that sense is acceptable. But by and large PvP is a bad thing, especially bad if no restrictions are placed on weapons.
[img]\"http://img.ranchoweb.com/images/ladyzekke/england1.gif\" alt=\" - \" /><br />One Love, Peace. [img]\"http://img.ranchoweb.com/images/ladyzekke/pissr.gif\" alt=\" - \" /> [img]\"http://img.ranchoweb.com/images/ladyzekke/piss.gif\" alt=\" - \" />
Old 05-31-2003, 10:55 PM   #14
Micah Foehammer
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Even a drow should at least be given the chance to show his true colors. [img]smile.gif[/img] Some authors of fantasy fiction would have you believe that not all drow are evil. lol

http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3793&dateline=1187636  783
Old 05-31-2003, 11:10 PM   #15
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

Quote:
It's sad, LadyZ. I can't believe they have their own websites to brag about that sort of stuff ... lol ... that is pathetic. "Oh, look how bad I am .... I wiped the floor with those low level characters ... "

Want to see a Pker website? I'll PM one to you, so you see what I mean.

Oh and thanks for the offer Micah, we legitimate Multigamers need to stick together. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Reality Show Recaps
Old 05-31-2003, 11:56 PM   #16
TheCrimsomBlade
Lord Ao

Earler today I was surfing around the on line RPG forums going from one to another when I came across one (I wish I had ear marked it) and these two guys were talking about what they were doing to the PKers by fighting fire with fire.
They each had made their own super Character one was a super high level Fighter/Thief and the other was a Super high level Battle Mage they each played different games and were discribing how they would go into a game and go to a known area where these PKers were known to be Hacking legal players. The guy that has the Fighter/Thief said that he finally got the a-hole that f'd up his game, first he would rush in with boots of speed that he made and pick pocket this so called Black Paladin and take his weapon and armor and the guy didn't know what was happening his Black Paladin was being slashed to bits and robbed blind and then the paladin started running to try to escape but it was to late his super Fighter/Thief was too powerful for the PKers paladin and he killed him and stole all his weapons. He said that the PKer was cussing and and calling him all sorts of things and all he would say back to him was payback was a mother-F#$@^& and how did he like it and that if he or any others came back with their overpowered Cheat made Player Characters they would meet the same fate.
It seams that these guys were part of the staff writers that made the games and would be hunting these PKers down and wipe them out one way or another,the guy with the Battle /Mage had a similar story.
I don't own or play any online games that can't be played on my own computer as a single player game, and this was the first I ever heard the name PKer. I think one of these guys works for Black Isle or Bio-ware from some of the things he said but I can't be sure. They said that they were going to do some thing to the PKer's that are messing with NWN sites like Blizzard did to the cheaters and power game hackers on the Diablo Games.

[ 06-01-2003, 12:03 AM: Message edited by: TheCrimsomBlade ]
Old 06-01-2003, 12:52 AM   #17
Chewbacca
Zartan

In NWN, I would fire up the DM client for any blatant PKers, especially if it's against house rules. Sure banning them is the permanent final solution, but its a great opportunity for a DM to "play" a little first ...No cheater in NWN can defeat the DM.
It would sure spoiler their fun after killing a helpless lowly PC to face few dragons, demons, and 20th level uber-NPC's. Sure its stooping to their level but they probably deserve it.

The DM client is one advantage NWN has over other multi-player games in controlling fun-killers.
Plus a DMed game is much fun. Nothing like actualling having to persuade the grouping of pixels on the computer screen, rather than picking a from a few limited choices. Also the combat is way more fun, if the DM is good. Monsters retreat, spell casters act intelligent, situations can adapt very fluidly. I actually had to keep notes. I used NWN connections to find a DM moderated game. GReat site! [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]
Old 06-01-2003, 04:26 AM   #18
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

Quote:
Originally posted by Charlie:
Been there. If I get PK'd on Z's mod again then I'm outta there. People are using weapons far too powerful....an open invitation to PKers. I had it where I couldn't get up. He'd just bolt me back down before I got to my feet. Hurling abuse at my carcass....get up you piece of shit blah blah. I left him there for about 5 minutes and made tea etc...read some posts, went back and he's still there screaming. I just quit then. I go back hours later and my char' has every malady you can think of. Minus about 40 points in all skills and level drained like you can't believe. Tell me a fighter with a normal weapon done that. Yeah, great fun that. Trouble is, this is the kind of stuff you report on. If someone asks me for a mod to try, I'd never recommend Z's because of PKers and super weapons wielded by those who shouldn't have them.

Ziroc, if you read this mate, you've got to restrict weapons and armour. It's an open invitation to PKers. I think you're going to lose people before very long. I'm not too keen to revisit now if I'm honest. (It'd be nice if you could sort out the respawns too. Highly unrealistic having a hoarde of creatures spawn around you.
WHAT!? How are they PKing in my Mod?? Do you remember the user name? I'll ban it. Yeah, I've noticed that nearly all the people joining have +30 weapons and cannot be touched even.. So I'll turn on the weapon restrictions right NOW.

Grrr.. I HATE PK'ers too. lil ass mongers. [img]smile.gif[/img]

The Great Escape Studios - 2D/3D Modeling
www.tgeweb.com & Ziroc's Facebook Page
Visit My Flickr Photo Album
Old 06-01-2003, 04:44 AM   #19
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

It's a sad day when you have to adjust your MP game to deal with PKers. I had a lot of problems with PKers when I started to play NWN last year - the Gamespy servers are rife with them. It's one thing if someone is roleplaying an evil character or if you are playing in a melee server where you are fully aware that PvP exists - if you are slain in the course of roleplay then that's fair enough I believe. But it's a different thing entirely if they just come up to you with uberweapons and PK you because they want to be a l33t p33Kay d00d, which means all they want to do is ruin other people's games. This is the worst kind of PKer. Unfortunately there's no way to avoid this without stooping to the PKer's level and ubering your character as well so they get a nasty shock when they attack you.

The good thing is that most persistent worlds now have controls in place and diligent DMs to minimize the participation of these morons. At the end of the day everyone just needs to find their place - the PKers can all play on PvP servers and kick the sh!t out of each other and be happy, while others who want to enjoy a game without having to worry about being jumped should be able to do that and be happy. It's when the two meet that unhappiness occurs - because those PKers who prey on others specifically to ruin their gaming experiences aren't PKers at all, they're griefers. And those types are only worthy of the LOWEST contempt.

Old 06-01-2003, 04:58 AM   #20
Cristian
Emerald Dragon

they are just sad ppl with no life....i experienced it alot! but! i met alot of them but lol i killed em all [img]smile.gif[/img] so did Lovisa [img]smile.gif[/img] but if it were a cheater i didnt stand a chance but pkers got to watch out for me an lovisa on diablo [img]smile.gif[/img] we OWN [img]smile.gif[/img] ( and we dont cheat)