Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Entertainment (Movies, TV Shows and Books/Comics)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-12-2001, 03:49 PM   #1
Aurican
Elminster

I would have to pick the Glass Prison by Monte Cook. Its about this good cambion named Vheod that comes to grips with his evil demon father. He is not a goody-goody hero, he does what has to be done which is very refreshing. Very cool, I wish there was more on this Vheod character because he rocks!

------------------
Can an elf get a break anywhere these days?
Aurican is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2001, 05:22 AM   #2
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

I've actually been trying to find that book here in Australia Aurican. I thought the way that Crucible was written, from the first person perspective, and that of the "bad guy", was very original, especially for a FR book. Made you wonder who the bad guys really were, eh?

------------------
Memnoch - Custodian of the Order of the Holy Flame
Memnoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2001, 12:11 PM   #3
Aurican
Elminster

Except in maybe a few cases, I'd have to say it is all a matter or perspective. So maybe characters like Manshoon and Bane himself weren't that bad after all?

------------------
Can an elf get a break anywhere these days?
Aurican is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2001, 10:19 AM   #4
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

To spice this converstation up some, I would say that the most unoriginal title is the mage in the iron mask. What a terrible name. In fact, that same author that wrote that also wrote Volo's Once Around the Realms. He is so unoriginal that he used the name Marco Volo,(like Marco Polo)as Volo's unseen rival in the story. He twice used a phrase that would not exist in the Forgotten Realms world, for it is used today as a modern slang...
If you have read Memnoch's lamentation of the writings of Ed Greenwood, and think Ed is a bad writer, he must have learned his stupidity from this guy...
I think his first name is Brian, not sure...)

------------------

Larry of the Holy Flame
Larry_OHF is offline   Reply With Quote