Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 04-03-2004, 08:08 PM   #1
Sparhawk
Quintesson

A Spanish policeman was killed and 11 others injured when three suspected terrorists blew themselves up as police were closing in on them, Spanish Interior Minister Angel Acebes said. He added the suspects chanted in Arabic as they set off the explosion which ripped through an apartment block in a suburb of the Spanish capital on Saturday. Source CNN
"Between the years when the oceans drank Atlantis and the rise of the sons of Arius. There was an age undreamed of, when shining kingdoms lay spread across the world. Hither came Conan, the cimmarian, sword in hand. It is I, his chronicler who knows well his saga. Now let me tell you of the days of high adventure!"

"Unleash the Casey!"

"Make no mistake, should you choose to test my resolve in this matter, you will be looking at an outcome that will have a finality, that is beyound your comprehension. And you will not counting the days or the months or the years, but milleniums in a place with no doors!"
Sparhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2004, 01:13 AM   #2
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

So the change in govt. and policy did nothing then. You cannot bow to terrorists. The demands simply increase... like the camel with his head in the tent.

http://www.hughwilson.com
Yorick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2004, 01:22 AM   #3
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

It has been said before already. While a factor, the Madrid bombings was not the main reason why the previous party was voted out.

To continue implying so will be a discredit to the Spanish people. I know some of them, and have spoken to them before, in person. They voted out the government not because of the terrorists, but because they did not like the government.
Dundee Slaytern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2004, 06:15 AM   #4
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
Quote:
Originally posted by Yorick:
So the change in govt. and policy did nothing then. You cannot bow to terrorists. The demands simply increase... like the camel with his head in the tent.
If Al Qaeda would pick a new leader today, would we stop hunting them down ?
Old 04-05-2004, 11:32 AM   #5
Timber Loftis
40th Level Warrior

A.Q. picks its leaders? Can we monitor the polling for accuracy? [img]graemlins/heee.gif[/img]

Well, I hate that Spain had to lose a policeman, but three more dead terrorists is great news.

I can imagine the chanting in Arabic prior to blowing themselves up. It's almost... surreal. Like something out of Hollywood.

Oh, and I do note that senior A.Q. leaders are often attempting to imitate Hollywood. They really do seek big shock/special effects types of bombings. ANyway, rambling done for now.