Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-08-2002, 03:31 PM   #1
Jerr Conner
Silver Dragon

Should I use Shadowkeeper to make Mazzy a Paladin? Would that be cheating?

The Baldur's Gate Fan Fiction Archive
<b>Founder of the NPC Defender Force</b>, <b>Affiliate of the Pro-Mazzy Society</b><br />\"I hate to admit it but you\'ve earned my respect.\"--Shar-Teel (Thanks for this Illumina Drathiran\'ar)<br /> [img]\"http://userpic.livejournal.com/14048184/35120\" alt=\" - \" />
Jerr Conner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2002, 03:41 PM   #2
Sorcerer Alex

quote:
Originally posted by Jerr Conner:
Would that be cheating?

Is the sky blue?

But it is your game, you can do whatever you wish. I personally would leave her the way she is - but it is up to you.
Old 02-08-2002, 03:51 PM   #3
Jerr Conner
Silver Dragon

quote:
Originally posted by Arledrian:

Is the sky blue?

But it is your game, you can do whatever you wish. I personally would leave her the way she is - but it is up to you.

I just think she gets cheated...she wants to be a Paladin, but it's 'Human's Only', no wonder she gets mad at the 'big folk', lol!
<b>Founder of the NPC Defender Force</b>, <b>Affiliate of the Pro-Mazzy Society</b><br />\"I hate to admit it but you\'ve earned my respect.\"--Shar-Teel (Thanks for this Illumina Drathiran\'ar)<br /> [img]\"http://userpic.livejournal.com/14048184/35120\" alt=\" - \" />
Old 02-08-2002, 04:18 PM   #4
Azred
Drow Priestess

Mazzy herself would never worry about becoming a paladin or fret because she isn't/can't be a paladin. The daily path of fighting versus evil and doing what is right is her goal, not attaining some special status. She is quite happy being herself and doing some good for those around her and those in need.
Remember that Arvoreen has already blessed Mazzy with special gifts, so for what more could she ask?

However, it's your game; you don't need to ask anyone's opinion.

No matter how thinly you slice it, it's still bologna.
Azred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2002, 04:19 PM   #5
Nifft the Nimble

She does get to be better in Shortbows and Shortswords than any Paladin ever was ... not quite cheated, just different.

-- Nifft
Nifft the Nimble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2002, 04:51 AM   #6
ryanthemighty
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I changed her into a Paladin for one reason only: So she could use the Holy Avenger...

TINY TOT OF DOOM!!!

"Beware! Your knees are MINE!!"

and yes it is cheating...
Old 02-09-2002, 11:52 AM   #7
Jerr Conner
Silver Dragon

quote:
Originally posted by ryanthemighty:
I changed her into a Paladin for one reason only: So she could use the Holy Avenger...

TINY TOT OF DOOM!!!

"Beware! Your knees are MINE!!"

and yes it is cheating...

Hehehe!
Old 02-09-2002, 05:34 PM   #8
Reeka
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

I have a friend that does that. He sees no reason why Mazzy shouldn't be a paladin.
<b>Order of the Holy Flame</b><br /><i>Member of Clan HADB</i><br /><b>Laughing Hyena</b><br /><i>Clan Liaison, IW Peace Keeping Force</i><br /><i>[url]\"http://www.the-silver-river.com/Forum/index.php?board=29\" target=\"_blank\">The Silver River VoiceChat!</a><br />Last Saturday of every month. <br />See the forum link for scheduling!<br /><b> </b><br /></i><br /><b>Admin and Co-Owner of [url]\"http://www.the-silver-river.com\" target=\"_blank\">The Silver River</a></b><br />[url]\"http://www.the-silver-river.com\" target=\"_blank\"></a>
Reeka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2002, 04:21 AM   #9
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Keep in mind that changing her class to Paladin doesn't actually give her any innate abilities (Lay On Hands, etc) that paladins have. You'll have to do those manually, using SK as well. What it *will* do is allow her to use weapons reserved for paladins.

In Neverwinter Nights, which uses the 3rd Ed ruleset, there are no race restrictions on class, so Mazzy can be the shortest, stumpiest, plumpiest lil' paladin around.

Memnoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2002, 02:57 PM   #10
Jerr Conner
Silver Dragon

quote:
Originally posted by Memnoch:
Keep in mind that changing her class to Paladin doesn't actually give her any innate abilities (Lay On Hands, etc) that paladins have. You'll have to do those manually, using SK as well. What it *will* do is allow her to use weapons reserved for paladins.

In Neverwinter Nights, which uses the 3rd Ed ruleset, there are no race restrictions on class, so Mazzy can be the shortest, stumpiest, plumpiest lil' paladin around.

True, although she does have Lay On Hands...

Ah mabe I should see what happens if I use here in Chapter 6...
The Baldur's Gate Fan Fiction Archive