Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-23-2001, 09:45 AM   #1
Ponjavic
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Which files do you have to include when your moving save games from one computer to another cus it didnt work for me, i had do get the quests again

------------------
//Aleks
Ponjavic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2001, 10:14 AM   #2
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Hi Ponjavic -

The files in the save directory and the roster.dat - don't believe there are any others that you absolutely need.

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2001, 10:15 AM   #3
Ponjavic
Elite Waterdeep Guard

What does roster.dat do?
Ponjavic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2001, 05:14 PM   #4
entrails
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I just moved the savegames and ive rebuilt more times than i care to think recently due to harware problems...
entrails is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2001, 08:46 PM   #5
Pentaprism
Elite Waterdeep Guard

So if i grab roster.dat and my save files then I should be able to continue playing from where I left off. I'm about to build a new computer and I'm a little worried that I might lose all the progress I've made (it took so much money and blessings to get my priests mace to +10hit +10 enchant I think I'd cry if I had to start again!

Cheers everyone
Pentaprism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2001, 04:48 AM   #6
Radek
Red Dragon

Check time stamps on your W&W files. You will see that there are about 10 files created by yours, i.e., about 10 files was created or updated when you save a game. Most of them are in the W&W root directory (?!?!), 2 files are in the "map" directory. And your saved game itself in the "save" directory. I do not know whether all these files has to be preserved. I would like to know.
Radek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2001, 08:21 AM   #7
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Radak has the safest suggestion to really "save" your games. Any file that is updated when you make a save potentially is necessary to restore your games on a new machine.

Players often send me gamexx.sav files when they have lost items or get the famous Cet/Kerah bug and I have been able to "play" the game from just the gamexx.sav. Since I am only trying to fix a minor problem - I only open their game files to check to see if I have properly made the corrections. I do not continue playing so I have no idea if some problems might arise from not having all the files that get updated when someone saves.

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote