Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-24-2003, 12:49 PM   #1
pritchke
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

Exclamation

This makes me both angry and sad, I feel I would like to give those two doctors a beating they would never forget. They are abominations to the word doctor, they are not doctors, and I hope they would never be allowed to practice medicine outside of the army. At least some soldiers are still human, and have a real reason of why they feel they are in Iraq, Sgt. David Borell at least deserves a good pat on the back for a job well done, it is his type that gives a good name to Americans. More than likely the Sarg will be reprimaned by his superiors instead of getting a pat on the back.

http://cnews.canoe.ca/CNEWS/World/Ir...118096-ap.html

BALAD, Iraq (AP) - On a scorching afternoon, while on duty at an army airfield, Sgt. David Borell was approached by an Iraqi who pleaded for help for his three children, burned when they set fire to a bag containing explosive powder left over from war in Iraq.

Borell immediately called for assistance. But the two army doctors who arrived about an hour later refused to help the children because their injuries were not life-threatening and had not been inflicted by U.S. troops.

Now the two girls and a boy are covered with scabs and the boy cannot use his right leg. And Borell is shattered.
Old 06-24-2003, 12:56 PM   #2
Rokenn
Galvatron

Yet another victory in winning the hearts and minds of the Iraqi populace.
Old 06-24-2003, 01:03 PM   #3
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

pritchke, Ziroc has asked people to refrain from posting 'war' related stories and topics on GD for now. Z has closed some topics lately and asked mods to do the same. Apparently we will have a new forum for such things, so please be patient.

I realize you may be posting this purely out of the humanitarian interest, but as you can see by your one reply, it will undoubtedly get political and relate back to the war.

Frankly there have been a few more lately than I've been able to keep up with (been offline a lot the last few weeks) so I'm asking everyone to remember this request : Don't post War related items in GD.

If you have questions, feel free to email Z. Thanks!