Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-27-2004, 12:48 PM   #1
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

I just got it and the gameplay seems much improved from 2004, but I've run into a problem in creating players - when I enter the create player screen, whenever I try and edit the face of my created player it shows a padlock. How do I unlock this? Any ideas?

Memnoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2004, 07:40 PM   #2
Jorath Calar
Harper

My brother has it and is playing, I think you have to win certain tournaments to unlock some of the features... I'll ask my brother tomorrow.
Jorath Calar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2004, 07:36 AM   #3
Ivelliis
Gold Dragon

Memnoch, what have you got FIFA on? PC, PS2 etc.?
Old 11-28-2004, 08:24 AM   #4
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

It's on PC. I managed to work out my problem - it's because the bloody interface is inconsistent, sometimes you have to click on the little triangles, other times on the whole word. Anyway, I managed to figure this out, but I have another issue. How to I score goals? [img]redface.gif[/img] All my goals seem to go way over the top of the crossbar, even if I just tap it in.

Old 11-28-2004, 08:26 AM   #5
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
You're not trying to create some super Aussie footballteam are you ? Because that wouldn't be very realistic.
Old 11-28-2004, 09:33 AM   #6
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

No, I'm in career mode and I'm managing some struggling D grade team in the Spanish 2nd league - could that be why I'm struggling to score? How do you score goals in this version anyway?

Old 11-28-2004, 12:01 PM   #7
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
Quote:
Originally posted by Memnoch:
No, I'm in career mode and I'm managing some struggling D grade team in the Spanish 2nd league - could that be why I'm struggling to score? How do you score goals in this version anyway?
Well, as far as i can tell, there is a whole list of options in the manual that came with the game. EA always has excellent manuals with their sportsgames, but of course it all depends on how you play it. Do you use your keyboard or a controlpad ? If you use a controlpad, you can configure it to your own likings. I use a MS Sidewinder for EA Sportsgames, and with such a controller, it's not too hard to figure out which button goes with which action. Just go and play a friendly match or something to find out how it works, shouldn't be that difficult. If you're not using a controller, but your keyboard instead, i can only suggest you go and buy one. Games like this aren't really made for keyboard usage.

Of course it could be because of the choice you made. If you're playing a weak team, scoring is a lot more difficult than when you're playing with, for example, AC Milan. It could also be that you have to use a combo of moves, like pressing the "shoot" button twice in order to come up with a really hard shot on target, it wouldn't be the first time they made such a complicated gameplay. I don't have the game myself, but a friend of mine does, i'll ask him how it works when i talk to him on MSN.
Old 11-29-2004, 08:04 AM   #8
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Another question...I created a player, but since I created him as part of an international team (Australia) I can't transfer him to a club team - he doesn't show up anywhere in any of the club teams. Do I need to create this bloke as part of the club team I want him to play for as well as for the international team? That's a bit cumbersome. [img]graemlins/awcrap.gif[/img]

In fact, I'm not all that impressed so far...the user interfaces and menus for the FIFA games have been going downhill since FIFA 2000 in my opinion. It's a nightmare navigating this with the mouse, and whenever the jukebox plays the bloody sign announcing the song comes out and blocks the Back triangle for about 10 seconds.

Old 11-29-2004, 08:27 AM   #9
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
Isn't there some sort of international transferlist where available players must be put on ? Kinda like the Free Agents list in the NBA Live series ?
Old 11-29-2004, 08:38 AM   #10
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

If there is, I can't find it anywhere. There's no facility to transfer an international player to a club if that's where you created him - I don't think there's a connection between international teams and club teams.