Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 12-06-2001, 02:52 PM   #1
drtodor
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I just got UPS package from EB where I ordered the game I was waiting for years! But when I opened the package, there was b&w game manual and 3 CDs without CD cases! Actually they were in some white paper kind of envelopes.

Advise?
drtodor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2001, 02:54 PM   #2
Vaprakgruumsh
Drizzt Do'Urden

Install the game and enjoy.

That's how it comes.

I am working on making myself a custom CD holder for the CDs. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 12-06-2001, 03:03 PM   #3
Drakton
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Yup!!! Got exactly the same
Š
Old 12-06-2001, 03:14 PM   #4
ThulsaDoom
Elite Waterdeep Guard

quote:
Originally posted by Vaprakgruumsh:

I am working on making myself a custom CD holder for the CDs. [img]smile.gif[/img]

lol , i do that too ...only to games that really deserve it , and wiz8 is one of them . now...where are those cd cases i had ...
[IMG]http://communities.msn.com/_Secure/0LwAAAMYQMYfrPzxx4N8BjQGPBvuf94c7H3IP8gyZvgsrGELba TVmO*ckw5SnXgbpcdbGKCGvVsk/Conan2.jpg[/IMG] <i>\"What is steel compared to the hand that wields it? Look at the strength in your body, the desire in your heart, I gave you this! Such a waste. Contemplate this on the tree of woe. Crucify him!\"</i>
ThulsaDoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2001, 04:51 PM   #5
Vaprakgruumsh
Drizzt Do'Urden

If I come up with some silly contraption of a CD holder, I will post it and say how I did it. [img]smile.gif[/img] I have a rough idea in my head - of course how that comes out in truth is always a very different story! [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 12-06-2001, 05:49 PM   #6
gd2
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Hey thats an awesome idea! And you're right: Wiz8 definitely is worthy of such treatment. Now I've just got to find some adequate CD cases. Oh, btw drtodo, you got the right, legal copy. I thought it was a bit strange at first too but thinking on it later I'm really glad they took as simple and inexpensive a route as possible when it came to the manual and the cd's. For any game, or creation, there are a couple of factors to consider. One being what to realistically be able to expect under any given sircumstances, and the other being what one would ideally hope for in a given creation, all other considerations aside.

Considering the obstacles that'd been plaguing the game for awhile, considering that it even came close to bordering on vaporware, I'd say that Sirtech has not only far exceeded what a lot of us had realistically expected for Wiz 8, and even went as far as to touch on what some of us had ideally hoped for in Wiz8. Despite their troubles they made a hell of a game. [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]
Old 12-07-2001, 04:22 AM   #7
Larlador
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Aye, the game indeed comes without jewelcases for the CD's, but that's not weird if you ask me, considering the financial state of Sirtech and all, and then considering that in the US they published the game themselves with an sponsorship deal of that (what's the name again?) internet store.
Larlador is offline   Reply With Quote