Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-09-2001, 09:38 AM   #1
teval
Dungeon Master

those green bushes called amazon plants are deadly i manage to kill one and then i encounter 12 more in same spot

what spells are good at so many of them

teval
teval is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2001, 09:40 AM   #2
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

I'll do a search and try to push up one of the many threads on this subject!

They are deadly!! Try to keep to distance spells -fire type spells work well!

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2001, 09:45 AM   #3
kaythen
Dungeon Master

I blessed myself ran like hell and climbed up the castle wall where I waited with mana potion and when they got close enough, I let'm have it. I saved frequently for a while after that when walking the fields in case I missed one. They don't respawn in this part of the game. Eventually you will be able to walk up to one and strike it dead with your hands.
kaythen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2001, 09:49 AM   #4
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Teval: You encountered TWELVE of them????

I've only encountered four, and that outside Shurugeon Castle. Fire works best on them, as does any of the big "storm" spells (Meteorstorm, Icestorm, etc.)

Best strategies are: Run to the moat and swim to a remote location where you can still see them but they can't get to you...then start casting away at them.

Run to the Castle, swim under, flip the lever, swim back up, go around the backside where the crumbled wall is, and head to the front tower. They'll still be down there, but they can't target you up that high...Let fly with the spells!

Or...run back just before the burned-out house where there's a small break in the trees. Run through there...you can get through but they can't. They'll track you over there and then you can stand back and burn them or whatever else.

But whatever you do, do NOT let them follow you back to Ishad N'ha!! They'll lurk right outside the gate and smoke your characters as soon as you step out.

-Sazerac
Sazerac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2001, 09:50 AM   #5
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Oh, and Kaythen...I actually have run into others out in the Shire before. Rare, but random encounters. It really helps if you have someone with the "Scout" ability...otherwise they can slip up on you.

-Saz

[This message has been edited by Sazerac (edited 03-09-2001).]
Old 03-09-2001, 09:54 AM   #6
teval
Dungeon Master

runing belive me i doo die as well i did recover the save and are run like a crazy is cureently in water near castle try to found entrance in

is hunt fore ahight ground i meen i manage to kill one of the damm bas*** that was feel good now its 11 left yep they are thought but at least they give good exp

if you got levels up are the count still active if you kill enemys with out take the level up fore the chachters ?
Old 03-09-2001, 09:57 AM   #7
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

teval -

To get into the castle you need to enter the moat on the EAST side, open the grate under the Tower, swim down, find another lever, check in all directions and swim out at another tower. You will then be able to find a ruined section of the castle wall and get inside.

If you are going to change any characters to a NINJA - you should get that quest prior to opening the front gate of the castle!

Hope you manage to defeat those Mantraps!!

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2001, 10:05 AM   #8
teval
Dungeon Master

i am run to town again as i figred out its a safe place to go too
is travel back to first town to see whats quest i can do there tto get my chacters up a bit and yes i am try to get 2 thiefs to ninja

one palandin 2 warlocks is my plan of do fore now

i belive if i get in safe in town i might even can get rid of all those shurikan i got on me i meen a living target of them have about 200 shuiriken on me i meen i dont use them and all atther stuff i got on me i am sell .

i have to wait with those a** green plants as my macig need more spells before get in to combat with them they are indeed deadly and i respect them alout .

i even found ahorse hehe in terain but i havent use it .

why i encounter so many i think is becuse i run and get them to hunt me and yes i been run along time over the map in ishad ,na

i hate the green plants i do i prefer trolls and shurikan dwarfs green trees give me a hell.

Amazon plants i think you call them i call them green trees

Wyz if you got icq you can add me up if you wannt.

All on this e forum inspire me to play even more on this suberb game yeah its a great game and give me sleepless nights

Teval
Old 03-09-2001, 10:11 AM   #9
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Teval: just don't let them follow you back to town! Make sure you reload before they spawned and then go back.

Also: If you have Mana Max potions, use them. Even Mana More or Mana potions can help while fighting the Mantraps.

In general, it's best to complete the Serpent Temple before taking on the "green trees". Killing the Naga should send you up at least 1 level on your characters, if you haven't done so yet.

-Sazerac