Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-28-2002, 06:23 AM   #1
ironmadeit
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I donīt know how you all finish this game so fast, i just finnished tryton and be playing for a month now! but now to the question after finishing tryton for the first time i did not go to the swamp first but went back to the area aroun Arnika, and keep stumbling over juggernauts who has a lot of hitpoints 256 and like to travel in large groups 8 all the time, does anyone know some weak point on them fear seems to work but they come back later and then my magicians finished their spellpoints. any tips are apreciated.
Niko
Old 03-28-2002, 07:39 AM   #2
Gimli
Emerald Dragon

Against them I like to first hit them with blinding flash to thin them out (yes they will recover eventually and come back, but you can take them out in smaller groups this way). For the ones that charge you, try things like insanity, sleep, paralyze/freeze flesh. Also a good time to bless/haste your party. Try to concentrate attacks on one at a time too. Also if you have acid bomb that is effective early, even the ones who flee from being blinded will keep taking some damage every round.
Old 03-28-2002, 07:48 AM   #3
Gothmog Lord of the Balrogs
Dungeon Master

If your Mythology is high enough you can right click on them and get tge resitance vs. different realms. I prefer using insanity on them. Love it then they start beating each other. And as so many times before, melee damage is the easiest way to finish them of, IMHO. A berserking fighter or someone using Bloodlust
Old 03-28-2002, 08:17 AM   #4
Niob
The Magister

i hate juggernauts, they have many attacks and really no weak point and they give so less experience. i always try to walk around them and only if i have to i fight.
they even get harder with rank weeds, cause they blind or nauseate you all the time.
Juggernaut always stand around me and kill my sorcerers, so now, lvl 20 i dont fight them
what i like are Savant minions, many exp for nothing, especially with lightsword...very nice 160-180 dmg per hit.
the hardest enemies are adamantium slimes.
fighter with lightsword, str 100, pwstrike 80, enchanted blade, bless and Superman only berserks dmg 10 points per hit...thats really mean, i met 3 of them and all were killed critically by samurai and lightword, unfortunaley they drained me hundreds of stamina( but who cares stamina
Niob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2002, 09:53 AM   #5
armakh
Manshoon

First off, get your back to a wall so they don't hit you from behind. I don't usually have that much luck with paralyzing them, so I use insanity, and at lower levels, my jack in the box for terror. Anything that you can use to only fight 2-3 at a time is good. Insanity is great because they seem vulnerable to it, and at worst they attack as normal, but usually either babble or start hitting each other. They don' t do a whole lot of damage per hit, but 4-5 3x a round can really add up. Always make sure you're buffed up with bless and stuff, and keep some magic nectars on your healer to be able to keep up with the damage. When they come with friends, their friends are usually some sort of shooter. I take them out with some area spells like acid bomb or noxious fumes. If you have a gadgeteer, the lava lamp you make in Trynton is your friend.
Old 03-28-2002, 10:27 AM   #6
Rhea
Drow Warrior

Insanity is your friend.

It works on most creatures, although not on those pesky weeds.

Most of the time, when you drive a creature insane, it's too goofy to even attack you for the duration. It's one of the reasons why my Bard is my best buddy. [img]tongue.gif[/img] My Bard has used Siren's Wail throughout the game with great success.

I think my combat strategy pretty much boils down to buffing & driving them nuts, and then closing in for some leisurely hack 'n slash. It's almost unfair how well it works throughout the game - especially on those critters with lots of hitpoints.
Rhea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2002, 10:41 AM   #7
Sleipnir
Elite Waterdeep Guard

yep, i agree!

Insanity nothing else + wallhugging.
I never had problems with juggernauts, even with a level 9 party!
BTW wasps are great for easy fights:
9 Bloodsuckers, 6 tanto(?) wasps, 4 deadstings(?)(level 15)
+
2 port-o-pooties
2 piercing sounds(?)
some arrows
=
over 35000 exp each

Sleipnir
Sleipnir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2002, 11:37 AM   #8
[wcip]Angel
Zhentarim Guard

The jugs are easy in arnika-trynton road because the walls have so many crevices (sp.) Position yourself in one of those, and you can fight them one at a time.
[wcip]Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2002, 09:56 PM   #9
Gimli
Emerald Dragon

I actually like fighting juggernauts because they have so many hps, they make great practice targets. Takes alot of swings to bring them down so you get more skill increases from them. Also love the plants because they can cause lesser conditions and poison and let you cast cure poison and cure lesser condition and raise your water and air skills. Best time I had with that was when alot of them attacked outside the umpani fort and poisoned about 6 umpani, went around healing all I could, the others dropped dead evantually from the poison and I helped myself to their stuff