Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-23-2005, 08:38 AM   #1
bladedog
Dungeon Master

I read a comment recently that it was interesting to speak to your Al-Sedexus offspring on AP before while still friendly with the Templar's so I thought I would.

I went to AP before going to the Rapax Away Camp and met the Prince's army.

Unfortunately when I approached they went hostile anyway, and as I killed each one I got the message about my faction rating decreasing. I continued, placed the objects in all the recepicles and left via the teleporter back to the Rapax Castle, prepared for a lovely big battle.

But when I arrived back, all the Rapax showed up as neutral, and my faction ratings read as neutral. I spoke to a few Rapax and no-one wanted to cut my head off, so I left, dejected, to completed the Mountain Wilderness dungeon and then head for the Away Camp.

But when I got to the Away Camp, it wasn't there. I know it only appears if you have two of the three, but does it disappear when you put them on AP?

Obviously getting the fight started in the Rapax Castle is easy enough, but I'm gutted about not being able to complete the alliance quest (actually I like to complete the alliance quest, then go back and do the final steps of the individual quests for fun).

Ho hum.
bladedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2005, 09:26 AM   #2
SpitBall
The Magister

I have been messing around on Ascension Peak for a bit - don't know if this helps, or not. The first time I went up there, I took all 3 objects. I was a Templar and friendly with both Rapax Common and Templar. I had already scouted AP, but without the 3 objects. When I portalled to AP with the objects - it immediately set off a rock-slide. I could hear and fell it, but could not see it. I fought a bit - but not with the Rapax- and went back to Arnika. When I talked to Braffit, he told me that the Rapax had set off of land-slide and blocked the way to AP - now I had to go through the Rapax castle. Well, that's what I did ( have a portal in Rapax castle, too) - Rapax common were hostile, but Templar still friendly. When I got to AP from the teleporter in the Rapax castle, I was met by two groups of Rapax Common (samurai and beserkers, I think) and we fought. Later, I ran into my love-child and the Prince - much heavier fight! They were neutral until after they spoke to me and REVOKED my Templar status. Now - everyone but Ferro is hostile in the Castle.
SpitBall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2005, 09:51 AM   #3
Wereboar
Baaz Draconian

Quote:
But when I got to the Away Camp, it wasn't there. I know it only appears if you have two of the three, but does it disappear when you put them on AP?
The camp is only there if you have two items in your inventory. If you put them in a chest in Arnika, or drop them at AP, you're in the empty clearing.
Wereboar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2005, 10:06 AM   #4
bladedog
Dungeon Master

@Spitball - Sounds very similar to me, except for the results after the fight. I just don't understand why the faction rating was impacted by every one of the 20+ kills in that fight, yet on re-entering the castle everyone whether common or templar is ignoring me.

@Wereboar - Thanks, that was the answer I was looking for. Seems odd though, you would think it should trigger and remain regardless.
bladedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2005, 10:34 AM   #5
SpitBall
The Magister

Yes, that is puzzling, bladedog. I did not notice when my faction rating with the Rapax dropped during the big fight, but I would have noticed if it did so repeatedly throughout the battle. And - definitely, Ferro, Antone, and the Rapax RPC are the only friendly ones left.

My result seems more logical - in fact, I was a bit surprised that slaughtering Al-Sedexus didn't piss off any Rapax. I figured they would stick to their alliance with the Dark Savant, so Templar status got me nothing but that nasty old love-child. Maybe that is the obtuse social message from the Wizardry Writers, eh? I spent all that effort getting the Dark Nectar with which to seduce the goddess, but none looking for the proper protection to keep the spawning rate down. As I remember, I caught a disease, too. Last time I have cyber-sex with a horned beast. Well, probably...
SpitBall is offline   Reply With Quote