Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 04-06-2003, 11:10 AM   #11
Legolas
Jack Burton

Actually, koconnor100, there are a lot of modules out there which are just that
I personally agree that actually having a storyline improves a module no-end, but let's see if this works first, okay [img]smile.gif[/img]
You don't have to make an area, but you can if you want to. If it works we could perhaps start something a little more complicated, and naturally the fact that people are building a module together does not mean it's impossible to playtest other modules at the same time

DK, where do you suggest we upload our areas to, and what PC level are we aiming at?
Legolas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2003, 02:01 PM   #12
Wulfere
Red Wizard of Thay

I actually have a module 3/4 done. But I have to find time to learn scripting to finish it. Custom items are easy to make and modifying monsters isn't to hard but,
some scripting is needed to get them to behave properly. Any suggestions on scripting sites or tutorials would be greatly appreciated. I would be more than happy to create an area or two. I have written for the RPGA and might give some pointers on storylines and mixing encounters if you like.
Wulfere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2003, 02:25 PM   #13
Legolas
Jack Burton

If you haven't started scripting yet, I doubt you're 3/4 done... especially if you've a story to tell.
I'm working on a module based on the Hazardous Times series which ran in the RP forum a while back. I finished the first village in a few days, but after several weeks I'm still only half done with the scripting and the quests. Although it is getting easier now.

Only some 31 areas not including buildings to go...
Legolas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2003, 03:09 PM   #14
/)eathKiller
Dracolisk

Any range of PC you want, I'll be going High-end myself [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 04-06-2003, 03:58 PM   #15
Wulfere
Red Wizard of Thay

It isn't some massive story driven campaign. It's just a short H/S. The only thing I need to do is add some scripts for the critters. As I said, I need to learn the scripting. There's no sense in trying to build a huge, complicated, plot driven mod for my first attempt. If you have any advice on where to go for tutorials that work Legolas I would be happy to learn. Then I could start a nice plot driven campaign.
Wulfere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2003, 10:14 PM   #16
cormack
Dungeon Master

I would love to join a party to play whatever is combined here
I could donate a wizards scroll room. Trapped and deadly. Man are they tough!

I will watch for the hook up also.
Old 04-06-2003, 11:59 PM   #17
/)eathKiller
Dracolisk

heh well i've made a few rooms now if anyone's interested in seeing them...

Right Click And Save This Link

http://www.freewebs.com/nakahara/FOrest1.erf is the link incase that one up there is broken...

It's basically a nice Drow-ridden asylum, which can also double as an indoor Spa ^_^

I'm also going to show you what else i've got... ummm how about uhhh

This Quaint Cafe

Yes that's one of my best indoor maps right there ^_^

hmm letsee what else umm..

Oh i guess in order for those to work you'll have to import them into this mod... Which not only contains a chess board, shopping mall, already labeled doors, a small town which is under ork attack, a bunch of neatly done portals and a huge maze filled with "sewer elementals" [img]tongue.gif[/img] Can be hack n' slash or have a plot if used properly, the store and chess games are fun anyway, feel free to spend all the time you want deleting all those Stupid BET tags, I can't seem to get rid of them [img]tongue.gif[/img]

I highly recomend just walking about the mall first to get a jist of everything and then try out the chess game [img]tongue.gif[/img] which is right across from the library...

once again that's

http://www.freewebs.com/nakahara/DKstuff.zip
Old 04-07-2003, 09:25 AM   #18
/)eathKiller
Dracolisk

Quote:
Originally posted by Atrayu:
I am a builder and would be willing to donate a Port City that I made /)eathKiller. It has many doors and consists of three different sections dividing the city. Many ships teathered to the docks with treasure, although guarded accordingly. Let me know.
I'd love it, zip it up and stick it on a server then [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 04-07-2003, 03:21 PM   #19
philip
Galvatron

i have a nice idea with an annoying halfling in a room. is that ok?
philip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2003, 09:19 PM   #20
/)eathKiller
Dracolisk

sure let's see it!