Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-16-2001, 05:51 PM   #1
Draug Fea
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Can anyone give any strats to destroy those pesky biatches in that pink frat-house where they hang. (Help on the twisted rune)

------------------
"I cannot be caged"
Old 06-16-2001, 06:10 PM   #2
sunder
Zhentarim Guard

Give us your character info so we can help you better. There are many posts on how to deal with them, but knowing just what you are taking in there helps.
A nice cloudkill or death cloud works wonders in the room, basic lich tactics work, beholder tactics work. but your party will help decide just what you can do against them.
You can use the SEARCH feature to hunt down other twisted rune room tactics.
Old 06-16-2001, 06:25 PM   #3
Reeka
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

What level is your party? I wouldn't even attempt it with a lower level party. One of the toughest battles in the whole game IMHO.

------------------
O_H_F

Old 06-16-2001, 07:26 PM   #4
Draug Fea
Elite Waterdeep Guard

My main char is a 12 lvl mage w/ minsc, Korgan, Anomen, Jan.
You might say its a bit low lvl but i'm gonna do it neway.

P.S. i tried the search feature but go no results.

Thanks

------------------
"I cannot be caged"
Old 06-16-2001, 08:00 PM   #5
Wah
Symbol of Cyric

Do not attempt it at LV12 - it's a dead end.

One of the mages can blow you head apart with a single abi-dalzim!
And that super vampire! So - leave it out.

If you are DARING, and I mean

DARING

then go to Ribaldy's shop and buy a prot. from magic scroll.

Use it (on your best fighter) and also have the shield of balduran equipped on the same fighter.(also from adventurer's mart)

Then charge and pray.

------------------
Old 06-16-2001, 08:06 PM   #6
Robin, Thief of Hearts
The Magister

SPOILER
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
Ok, you need some reliable backup here. I use thievery(naturally) to get by, but with a mixed crowd, you'll have to be more clever.

Always start with some summonned critters. El cheapo skeletons are great, they hang around long. Use them with a Death Ward to keep them going. They draw hostile fire, so's your boys can kick tail. Don't forget, you always have Boo to fall back on!

Can Jan set traps dependably? 5 good ones set near to the entrance of the second room will do in Shangalar as he teleports across. Sleep and set traps if you have to.
If you can, get a ring that helps the ability before entering - the Mercykiller ring is on sale at the Adventurer's Mart, from one of the new shopkeeps in the bonus CD. (If you haven't got that CD, not to worry, there's a site with the download for free.)
Scratch one lich at the start of the battle. You needn't lift a finger, you'll be busy otherwise!

You need a decent weapon against the Vamp. Something fast and deadly- I'd use a free weapon, the Daystar, against it. You can get that weapon at the Bridge district, and if you can't, what the devil are you doing with the Twisted Rune??!
HIDE/go invisible and run in close, and unleash the power of Mum-Ra!! - erm erm - that is to say, the sunbeam spell it holds. Just keep your poor skeletons well away!
Then, go caveman with it.
A Vampire bites the dust.

The weakness of Beholders is obvious, they are just big floating eyeballs, so what they cannot see they cannot hurt. Summon an Invisible stalker to take out that bloke. Under NO circumstances should you petrify and shatter, or disintegrate the Beholder, or you'll be trapped inside the pink room.
Yuck.
Just imagine, living in a pink room, forever! Yaaaaaaaaaaaa....
Ka-Chunk! Splooge! ooh, is that aqueous humour?

Meantime, you have that irascible bastard of a Dwarf with hopefully the biggest bloody axe he can tote. Haste his shortarse, and send him waddling in to waste the nearest mage. Back him up with a shot of Breech, to get those defenses down.

Now- can Anomen do his Holy Smite spell? Bolt of Glory? Anything useful? At higher levels he can waste Undead something fierce! At worst, have him do his heals to keep the boys going.

You should be able to do it with a bit of practice and a dose-o-luck.

Old 06-16-2001, 08:06 PM   #7
Accord
Ninja Storm Shadow

Several spells that will be helpful:
1) Protection from Undead
2) Sunray and False Dawn
3) Breach
4) Cloudkill
5) Protection from Evil 10'
6) ANY summoning spells

In addition, you can try to draw enemies into the small area where your group teleports in from the Bridge District, just have one character go near the desk, as soon as the lich appears (and does his speech), run back to your party members and the lich should be in the same area, take him out first. Then carefully draw the enemies in or send summoned creatures out.

------------------
Long live H22A1!!!!!
Old 06-16-2001, 08:17 PM   #8
vesselle
Hathor

save.
save.
save.
you will no doubt be re-playing it a lot, so be patient, pause a lot and check out what they are throwing at you.

lotsa luck!

V***V

Old 06-16-2001, 08:42 PM   #9
Willard
Fzoul Chembryl

I couldn't use summoned creatures because when the lich appears all the summoned creatures went after him,not the other monsters.then they got blown away. poof.
Old 06-16-2001, 09:08 PM   #10
Reeka
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

I would wait awhile myself. And come back when you are stronger.

------------------
O_H_F