Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-13-2004, 07:26 PM   #1
Albromor
Mephistopheles

Okay, I did a search and could not find what I was looking for. *SPOILER WARNING*

I am stuck on the second floor of the Anarchist Tower in Chapter 2. I understand that I need to get from point A to point B in a dog legged kind of way via the portals, but I have found that my choices sometimes set me back rather than forward. Plus, I sure am gaining a lot of experience as these Shandover's keep teleporting in and it is melee' time after time. Not to mention that Cause Blindness spell, grrrrr!. So...

1. Is this trial and error only, or is there a way for me to get to the stairs that are in the northeast part of the map in quick fashion?

2. Will the Shadover warriors, mages, and healers eventually cease as I kill more and more or is this one of those dreaded spawning areas?

Thanks.
Albromor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2004, 11:43 PM   #2
Epona
Zartan

I think you mean Arcanists Tower, I love the idea of an anarchist tower though, complete with black flag flying...

Sorry, I found that quite hilarious.

Anyway on to your question. I found that area so bloody frustrating. There is a lot of respawn in that area, I don't think it stops, and I don't think there's a quick route - you have to just keep trying the different portals until you've hopped your way across to the stairs. I have to say it's the most annoying part of any game I've ever played, I was tearing my hair out by the end, I've played SoU 4 times now, and the last 3 times I just gave up at that point, exported my character, and went straight to HoTU - that's how annoying I found it.

If anyone knows a quick route I would love to hear it!
Old 02-14-2004, 12:58 AM   #3
Albromor
Mephistopheles

Well, Epona, I went back and decided to try again and interesting enough if you are traveling correctly - at least I surmise this through play -the portal you traveled through will not open again to allow spawning Shadovers to come through.
Albromor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2004, 06:51 AM   #4
Stratos
Vampire

Not that it's much help. but if I remember correctly you need to travel along the west side of the map to reach the stairs. And yes, I believe that the Shadovar spawns indefinately, just rest when you need to.
Old 02-15-2004, 08:47 PM   #5
Niadh
Elminster

The best place to rest is the shadow realm usually as the enemy are not too close when you clear a portal on their side.
A Knight is sworn to darkness. <br />His heart knows only hatred.<br />His sword destroys the helpless,<br />His might imprisons the weak.<br />His wrath upholds the wicked, <br />His word speaks only lies.<br /><br /> [img]\"http://www.boomspeed.com/niadh/newiwsig.jpg\" alt=\" - \" />
Niadh is offline   Reply With Quote