Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-14-2004, 09:34 AM   #1
Blue Streak
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Besides the Namarra, Marok made for me, i haven't seen any magical rapiers (besides the ussual rapiers +1/+2)in the game so far. I've seen enough magical maces, kama's, morningstars, longswords etc. but no rapier as of yet. (I know that the treasure you find are randomly picked.) Are there any good one's, or is the Namarra the only one?
Old 02-14-2004, 01:24 PM   #2
ScottG
Drow Warrior

http://www.gamebanshee.com/neverwint...nt/rapiers.php
ScottG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2004, 02:23 PM   #3
Blue Streak
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Thanks! It really is a helpfull site. One more thing though, is there some possible way to get an item you want, instead of saving before a chest witch has a magical item in it and keep loading that savegame until you have what your looking for?
Old 02-14-2004, 03:14 PM   #4
andrewas
Harper

Open the toolset and create a module with one room containing the item you want.

Load your savegame. Export your character. Start a game in your new module and select the character you just exported. Pick up your item. (I did forget that step once. Muchly embarrasing).

Export your character again, and go into the multiplayer menu. Load an internet game (you dont have to be connected to the internet and shouldn't make it publicly accessibly) and select your savegame. Choose the character that you exported with the new item. You will be asked whether to use the old or new version of the character, select to use the new one. Load the game. Verify you have the item and then save the game again. Quit out and load the game in single player.

And try not to hit anything after you go through all this procedure and then find what you were looking for in the very next chest.

Or you could use the dm_spawnitem command while in debug mode, but you will need to find a list of item tags.
Old 02-15-2004, 08:46 AM   #5
Blue Streak
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Right, maybe i'll try that sometime. The only problem is that the toolset isn't working. And that's not the only problem; When Wanev and Muttanim are about to give me my reward for finishing there quests, the game freezes and nothing happens. Also, when i try to give a silver charm to Geth, he gives me his ring, but he doesn't change back to his human form. The game just says: Script m2q1a02gethring, OID: 800021e8, tag: M2Q1CGETH, ERROR: TOO MANNY INSTRUCTIONS. Does the patch take care of these problems?
Old 02-15-2004, 09:30 AM   #6
andrewas
Harper

The patch makes the game a lot more robust. Although that error looks like bad script syntax, I would be surprised if something that basic had made it into the game. You may have a corrupt install.
Old 02-16-2004, 09:53 AM   #7
Blue Streak
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Okay, i'll try the patch first, and if that doesn't work i'll try to re-install the game. To get the patch, i just have to press the button labeled 'update' right?