Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-11-2003, 07:54 PM   #1
mistral4543
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Recently, my friend brought me to the local Nu Skin branch where her good friend was working. Maybe it was the setting or something, but I found the experience a little creepy...

The room resembled a classroom, and at the front, a table was laid out with experimental gadgets. There were 2 trolleys nearby, displaying Nu Skin and other Brand X products. I sat there, aware that groups of people were entering from the back (they were waiting for a guest speaker to arrive). They sat there whispering in hushed tones, sometimes joking. I doubt that they were that close friends, but there seemed to be this bond between them, simply because they were either using or selling Nu Skin products.

I must say that I found the experiments conducted rather convincing, ie. I thought that the products were of a pretty good quality to begin with. But the way my friend's friend gushed about them really made me wonder if she was genuinely concerned about my well-being, or she was trying to hardsell the products (in the end, she did not). I began to feel rather strained and tensed. When the speaker finally arrived, the other people (including my friend) clung on to his every word, some took notes and others asked many, many questions. The whole scene reminded me of a cult :uhoh: and I ended up reading the labels on the products I bought, instead of listening to him.

I don't know whether it's just me being paranoid, but the experience has really given me doubts as to whether I should return there, no matter how good the products are.

Has anyone used the products and if so, would you care to share with me your experiences? [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 06-11-2003, 08:13 PM   #2
Zero Alpha

Whats Nu Skin? it doesnt sound very good if it compromises your safety! the way it was sold, it sounds like *another* pyramid scheme. id steer well clear if so, but then you've still to tell me what it is!

i doubt its a cult devoted to a product, but then there is one devoted to cloning, so who knows [img]graemlins/1ponder.gif[/img]
Old 06-11-2003, 10:25 PM   #3
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Nu Skin is reliable and safe. I know how they originated and am aware of people that love thier products. They rank in value to Mary Kay, and market in the same fashion.

Karen has also given me her assurance of this product.

As far as "worth the price"...well...I dunno what they are charging over there.

[ 06-11-2003, 10:27 PM: Message edited by: Larry_OHF ]
Old 06-11-2003, 10:33 PM   #4
Luvian
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Larry_OHF:
Nu Skin is reliable and safe. I know how they originated and am aware of people that love thier products. They rank in value to Mary Kay, and market in the same fashion.

Karen has also given me her assurance of this product.

As far as "worth the price"...well...I dunno what they are charging over there.
OH NO! Larry is part of the cult... [img]graemlins/hidesbehindsofa.gif[/img]
Old 06-11-2003, 11:11 PM   #5
mistral4543
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice