Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-17-2002, 07:00 PM   #1
skywalker
Banned User

Nuff Said!

Mark
Old 10-17-2002, 07:15 PM   #2
Timber Loftis
40th Level Warrior

Umm.... I posted this on today's Iraqi War (coming to a desert near you! [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img] ) thread, but it really goes here.

The worthlessness of action against Saddam bothers me. I don't like him, I have no problem with popping a cap in his ass just for fun, but it's a waste of time. New NEWS (drum roll please): N. Korea has nukes. . . - DUH! They're part of that infamous Axis (talk about your invocative terminology from history) aren't they? Didn't they just fire two long-range test rockets last winter from Korea - one impacting in the Pacific on either side of the island of Japan? I think Korea's "shot over the bow" last year plus their recent press releases regarding their bombs are some sort of strategy by them to either (1) "sneak in under the wire" while Saddam is on the plate or (2) challenge the U.S. with a "you gonna get us all?" type of approach.

India and Pakistan have nukes. Plus a fight over Kashmir. Plus starving people and a lack of clean water. Iran has nukes. The French have nukes, and God knows they're unhinged. ( joking! - don't flame! )

Get the picture. Yet one more unstable regime being a nuclear threat is not exactly "news" now is it? So, what's the point? Is it because of the region Saddam sits in and the instability crazy action on his part could cause? Maybe that's a good reason. But the fact that some dictator has weapons of mass destruction is either (1) not good cause for a war or (2) cause to fight wars against at least a dozen nations.
Old 10-17-2002, 07:19 PM   #3
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
Iran has no nukes dude.
Old 10-17-2002, 07:21 PM   #4
skywalker
Banned User

I think we attack Iraq because it is an "Easy" target. Sadam's forces are at a low because of sanctions.
Who knows if he has nukes...unproven.

North Korea has a extremely strong military and a few nukes capable of hitting Japan and tons of troops on the border with the South. I wonder if they can hit the west coast of America. It seems like N.Korea is saying "I dare you to try!" to Bush "Put up or shut up."

This is very unnerving.

Mark
Old 10-17-2002, 07:26 PM   #5
Timber Loftis
40th Level Warrior

I don't think Iran has fully capable nuclear missiles, but I think they've got the tech to make dirty bombs and possible dropped bombs.

N. Korea, from what we've seen, has only medium range missles, nothing like ICBMs. I think it's shots over the "bow" of Japan showed us the farthest extent it can shoot.
Old 10-17-2002, 07:29 PM   #6
Djinn Raffo
Ra

Werent those shots over the bow of Japan proved to be failed satellite launches?

At the time they were reported to be missile tests but i remember reading somewhere that later analysis proved them to be failed satellite launches as Pyongyang said at the time. I'll try to find a link or if anyone can remember this?

EDIT> HERES THE LINK Third paragraph from the bottom.

[ 10-17-2002, 07:37 PM: Message edited by: Djinn Raffo ]
Old 10-18-2002, 05:27 AM   #7
Warhammer
Baaz Draconian

Quote:
Originally posted by skywalker:
Nuff Said!

Mark
There is no oil and gas in north Korea

You are not naive enough to think that the war in Iraq is about removing a dictator or neutralize weapons of mass destruction are you ?
Old 10-18-2002, 05:44 AM   #8
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

I laughed when I heard. What are you going to do? Nothing you can do.

I read the Bible, got assurance that though a nuclear bomb may hit Israel (It speaks of "the abombination that causes desecration" in Israel) mankind won't be wiped out, and Jesus will come again.

That's my assurance. I may be wrong, but it comforts me, whenever I feel like New York is a prime juicy target.

So then I can laugh. I may get hit by a car. Any of us could. Die in a car accident. Bombs shmombs.

http://www.hughwilson.com
Old 10-18-2002, 05:45 AM   #9
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

Quote:
Originally posted by Warhammer:
quote:
Nuff Said!

Mark

You are not naive enough to think that the war in Iraq is about removing a dictator or neutralize weapons of mass destruction are you ?
[/QUOTE]Mark is certainly not naive.

http://www.hughwilson.com
Old 10-18-2002, 05:58 AM   #10
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

Quote:
Originally posted by Warhammer:
quote:
Nuff Said!

Mark

[/QUOTE]That is getting old--hearing that kind or statement.... We DID go there last time to save the Kuwait People and (Oil) but this time it's a bit different. WE do not get nearly any oil from Iraq. We ARE worried that he will make a nuke or chemical weapon and sell or even GIVE away these to people like the Terrorists.

We gotta strike them before they can get the change to do this. It doesn't have anything to do with oil. Come on...

With North Korea? I had a feeling that they had nukes for a while--they way they were releasing press statements being VERY smartass and blunt. If we ever DID go to war with them, it would be a VERY tough war. They have a HUGE military force. (One of the largest in the world, If I recall).

The Great Escape Studios - 2D/3D Modeling
www.tgeweb.com & Ziroc's Facebook Page
Visit My Flickr Photo Album