Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-16-2002, 11:28 AM   #1
Malavon's Rage
Elminster

This has probably already been posted and i just dont know about it so try not to hate me.

just wondering what your favorite class was and why?

Mine is the druid just b/c of the new shape changing abilities
Old 11-16-2002, 12:30 PM   #2
trex_2010
Dungeon Master

wizard all the way.
Old 11-16-2002, 12:57 PM   #3
Madrigal Five
Dungeon Master

Rogues.

I just love backstabbing, and I find them the most user-interactive.
Madrigal Five is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2002, 01:06 PM   #4
Kygon-Jo
Dungeon Master

Ranger has always been my favorite. I know they are not the most powerful character your can develop but through the novels I have read and and early Pen and paper D&D i always liked the ranger. I always try to play to characters I like as opposed to the most powerful.

I stared a thread earlier about dwarf fighters. AS far as IWD2 goes my favorite characters were my Dwarf fighter (Gunnar the Axe) and my Halfling fighter/Rogue (Tuck Thornwalker, from the book Iron Tower). But as always my group leader was my ranger Kygon-Jo.

Enjoy
Kygon-Jo
Kygon-Jo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2002, 01:45 PM   #5
Jack of Speed
Manshoon

I gotta say I loved druids too... BUT they didnt compensate for the power of the monsters in HoF when it comes to the shape change. And unfortunatly that makes them offensive spell casting clerics. This makes me VERY angry, because I think they finaly did the druid right. But then HoF modes comes in and ruins it for me.

SO I must say that my ALL time favorite is the SORCERER. They are just SO powerful. And a human Sorcerer can be even more powerful if you dont mind a little min/max. You have immediate access to powerful spells with out hunting for them you get more spells per day and you dont have to memorize spells in advance. And before IWD2 I wasnt a big fan of spellcasters. Now its practicaly all I use. And the Sorcerer is IMHO by far the best spellcaster in the game.
Old 11-16-2002, 01:55 PM   #6
Sr. Paladin Richek
Banned User

mine is split between the Battleguard of tempus and the sorcerer. Both are extremley good, and the two working together could possibly unstoppable. I tried a game with those two and mulitied my tiefling sorcerer. seems to be a nice combo for me, but i dunno bout others. they can ressurect eachother because of the use magic device, and raise dead, never really like ressurection because of the lost level thing. But im leaning towards a sorcerer battleguard multi
Sr. Paladin Richek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2002, 08:56 PM   #7
Malavon's Rage
Elminster

i was thinking of taking my Paladin of Illmater to maybe a level around 15 then start gaining levels as a painbearer of illmater, what do you all think?
Old 11-21-2002, 09:15 PM   #8
SomeGuy
Unicorn

Rangers.Because Drizzt is one and is my favorite book charecter.
\"I firmly believe that any man\'s finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is the moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle - victorious.\"<br />-Vince Lombardi
SomeGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2002, 02:40 AM   #9
Khazraj
Dungeon Master

What do you mean by Ressurrection spell losing levels and such? I am confused?
Old 11-22-2002, 08:30 AM   #10
Vassago
Manshoon

Rogue, no doubt about it. Especially when mixed w/ 4 levels of fighter