Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-01-2001, 12:52 AM   #1
GrimReaper

I never played all the way through. I keep restarting. I restarted about 5 times with different solo characters until I found the match I liked.

I am currently playing a Oomphaz Wizard. I fully intend to role ascend through every class possible.

I have found that playing a single character is easier in some ways. So far, I haven't faced too many real challenges. I had to run a few times in the beginning, but now things are going well.

Oomphaz have great hit points & carrying capacity. And with a single character, you really don't need to carry anything over from your current game. I think it might make it a little boring for you.
Old 02-01-2001, 11:07 AM   #2
Hogweed

I'm currently playing through with a group of six characters. After I beat the game I plan on making a single character to run through the game with. I'm currently saving all ankhs I find to use on this char. Eventually I'll start saving money and magic books for him as well.

I was curious how many people are trying to play through with one character like I plan to. If you're trying to, what race/class combos are you using, and if it's working for you?

I plan on using an elf for the quick learner ability. I wasn't sure on starting class, but I'm thinking of wizard.

As a side question: Does a strength ankh not raise you're carrying capacity, just damage?
Old 02-01-2001, 11:36 AM   #3
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

IMO, "Quick Learner" isn't necessary with a solo character, because you go up levels so fast anyway that it doesn't matter.

Ankhs of Strength do raise carrying capacity, but carrying capacity is (realistically) a function of one's own weight. Ergo, a Ratling with 18 strength carries far less than a dwarf with 18 strength.

Wizard is a good starting role for the Stone magic that you can't get anywhere else except for Zenmaster and Valkyrie (almost at endgame ) Also helps when you are facing those Amazoni Mantraps (this is definitely a challenge for solo Warrior/Rogue characters).

-Sazerac
Sazerac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2001, 05:06 PM   #4
Sardaukar
Welcomed New User

I started with a warrior and now I'm a Zenmaster trying to pass Skull Castle. I had some problems in the begining but now it's fine.
Sardaukar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2001, 05:23 PM   #5
carg
The Magister

The game seems to update carrrying capacity only at level up, so even if you use an ankh to increase str, you'll only see carrying cap. being adjusted at your next level.
And don't get your solo character pumped up too high: after the first dungeon it's easy enough without help.
carg is offline   Reply With Quote