Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-27-2004, 12:38 PM   #1
petertmorgan
Dungeon Master

I am currently playing a party of four (sam, nin, valk, monk) and am level 9. I am playing on expert mode with the latest out of the box version of Wizardry (The box with all the award information on it - I think it is equivalent to the latest patch). As soon as we got to Arnika (level 6) I bought a nunchaka for my ninja and placed it in the off hand, so I could continue to develop martial arts as well as develop dual weapons and mace/flail. My Ninja's strength is 50, and with a martial arts skill around 15-20 at the time (I forget, but it's about 25 now), I was hitting often for 10, 11 or 12points of damage with a punch, quite similar to the damage I was getting with the nunchaka, and certainly much more than I was supposed to get based on my strength and martial arts skill. I figured that the computer was calculating damage based on the nunchaka damage range, even though (i) the combat messages clearly said punch, (ii) my martial arts skill did continue to increase from combat and (iii) the damage was listed correctly (I orget, maybe 4-7) on the character information screen. It seemed I actually did less damage when I produced a kick for my primary attack.

Anyway, this sure seems like a bug to me - I was wondering if anybody else had this happen.
petertmorgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2004, 01:17 PM   #2
Ziggurat
Symbol of Cyric

I haven't seen that particular effect but I have something similar. I had been developing dual swords since the jump for the ninja. I decided to get a nunchaka as a secondary but had no mace and flail skill. The nunchaka at skill less than 5 seems to hit as often (or more!) than the enchanted wakasashi with sword skill 42. I do't know if it is the nunchaka or the combo with the ninja race. Seems weird. Makes me want to consider 2 nunchaka and forget the swords.
Old 01-27-2004, 09:34 PM   #3
Scatter
Symbol of Cyric

Unless you got Light, dual Nunchake is about the most fun you can get with a Ninja. And your Mace skill will increase very fast.
Scatter is offline   Reply With Quote