Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-23-2001, 08:11 PM   #1
Shadowstrider
Manshoon

We have a maturity sighting:
http://www.forumplanet.com/planetbal...p?fid=1886&p=1

What you should be looking at(if you read this quick enough) is a hell of a lot of spam, produced by immature people.

Geldethi and whoever the guest were produced almost 2 full pages of flames all directed towards the PBG director silverdawn! Let's all applaud! *colfclap*
Old 06-23-2001, 08:17 PM   #2
jabidas
Silver Dragon

Damn do the moderators over there even know how to ban people, if they tried that here they'd hit the ground so hard on the way out so fast theyd bounce twice. Why do you even go there.

------------------
Old 06-23-2001, 08:19 PM   #3
Shadowstrider
Manshoon

Quote:
Originally posted by jabidas:
Damn do the moderators over there even know how to ban people, if they tried that here they'd hit the ground so hard on the way out so fast theyd bounce twice. Why do you even go there.

It's hard to ban somone who uses a false IP address. I go there to help somepeople out, but i do much less helping then seeing idiots.
Old 06-23-2001, 08:29 PM   #4
jabidas
Silver Dragon

Ive been to some of the forums they have, but not in a very long time and it was nothing like that then, reminds me of this guy called Kintaro at the blackislestudio boards. He didnt even pretend to be part of the community though and it took them about a week to ban him. Ah well there not here so I really dont care but just seeing that garbage makes my blood boil.

------------------
Old 06-23-2001, 08:54 PM   #5
BladeMaster

Quote:
Originally posted by Shadowstrider:
We have a maturity sighting:
http://www.forumplanet.com/planetbal...p?fid=1886&p=1

What you should be looking at(if you read this quick enough) is a hell of a lot of spam, produced by immature people.

Geldethi and whoever the guest were produced almost 2 full pages of flames all directed towards the PBG director silverdawn! Let's all applaud! *colfclap*
It's about time someone does that back to PBG. They are nothing but a bunch of stuck-ups and that PBG should be shut down for the way that they act.

------------------
Clod ior, angor gwlad
(The fame of the ruler is the anchor of the land.)

Ard-righ Arthur Pendreic
http://www.angelfire.com/rpg/evermeet

Old 06-23-2001, 08:58 PM   #6
Shadowstrider
Manshoon

Quote:
Originally posted by BladeMaster:
It's about time someone does that back to PBG. They are nothing but a bunch of stuck-ups and that PBG should be shut down for the way that they act.

WRONG! PBG is in it's rights to do whatever they want. They are well within their rights to close down any hosted site and open a new one. Does that make them good guys, no. However there is nothing illegal with what they are doing. As for "stuck-up" I doubt that, newshogs yes.
Old 06-23-2001, 09:06 PM   #7
BladeMaster

Quote:
Originally posted by Shadowstrider:

WRONG! PBG is in it's rights to do whatever they want. They are well within their rights to close down any hosted site and open a new one. Does that make them good guys, no. However there is nothing illegal with what they are doing. As for "stuck-up" I doubt that, newshogs yes.
They have no right to shut down someones site because that site hosts portraits. If I was to have a site that had portraits on and they tried to shut me down I would say "Up yours". They only people who can shut your site down is the Artists themselves. And if I have permision from the artists, then you can not do anything about it.

------------------
Clod ior, angor gwlad
(The fame of the ruler is the anchor of the land.)

Ard-righ Arthur Pendreic
http://www.angelfire.com/rpg/evermeet

Old 06-23-2001, 09:16 PM   #8
jabidas
Silver Dragon

You know this arugment has already happened here and it was really nasty you dont wnat to start it again, just a word of advice some people got very angry and its just a topic to avoid.

------------------
Old 06-23-2001, 10:53 PM   #9
Moridin
Fzoul Chembryl

Do they even moderate that board?

I don't mind a little flaming as it is needed sometimes, but that was ridiculous! I think you are right shadowstrider, this person's (I am assuming it is probably one maybe two people) IP is going to get banned big time!

------------------

Never try to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and it annoys the pig
Old 06-23-2001, 11:49 PM   #10
Shadowstrider
Manshoon

Quote:
Originally posted by BladeMaster:
They have no right to shut down someones site because that site hosts portraits. If I was to have a site that had portraits on and they tried to shut me down I would say "Up yours". They only people who can shut your site down is the Artists themselves. And if I have permision from the artists, then you can not do anything about it.

WRONG! LN's site was hosted by planet baldur's gate. They could have deleted it an without notice and they would've been in their rights. Just like angelfire could delete your site. If Liz had paid for the hosting then they couldn't have touched her site, however she did not so Planet Baldur's gate was well within their rights.