Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-19-2003, 10:51 AM   #1
Annatar
Mephistopheles

I want to start a game with a kensai... and want to dual class him to mage (power combi) but I tested it... but I can't dual class to mage when I start a new game... how come's? (I never used dual class though..)

Anybody that can enlighten me?

[ 03-19-2003, 10:51 AM: Message edited by: Annatar ]
Old 03-19-2003, 11:10 AM   #2
lasher
Dungeon Master

To dual class your Kensai to a mage, your Character must have at least the minimum requested caracteristic. Here your must have at least 8 in INT IIRC.
lasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2003, 11:14 AM   #3
Butterfingers
Drizzt Do'Urden

No Lasher... Sorry

To dual class, you must be human. For a fighter to dual to a mage, you must have 15 str and 17 int. You must always have 15 in your primary stat and 17 in your new primary stat when you dual class. (Making fighter->druids rather rare)
Butterfingers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2003, 01:31 PM   #4
Annatar
Mephistopheles

So when I make a human Kensai, with 15 in Strength and 17 in Intelligence I will be able to Dual-Class right after I begin a new game (not planning to Dual-Class right a way.. but the Dual-Class button was disabled.. and because I lost my manual I couldn't look it up)

What stats should a kensai have (keep in mind I want to dual to a mage later in the game)? he's going to work with a 3 man party I think...

and on wich level should I dual him to mage because I want some benefits from Kensai & Mage (level 9 spells... HLA's)?

Thx for the help so far... [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 03-19-2003, 03:00 PM   #5
Thorfinn
Zhentarim Guard

Not sure if it matters, but fighters have a second primary stat of CON. I just started a game with a Kensai with 15 Str, Dex and Con, 17 Int. As soon as I could get Imoen to close her piehole, I went to Record, and dual class was available. Mage was the only option, since I only had the one 17.

I guess I would try your character again, but this time when you generate, crank every stat down to the minimum. If it is anything other than 3, you probably need a 15 there.
Thorfinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2003, 10:34 PM   #6
Jon Irenicus
Elminster

Dude, don't dual ur Kensai! I'm soloing one right now and he just kicks ass!!! He is dual wielding axe and CFury right now and nothing can stop him.... He's at L14 now and I'm just cruising through the game...
Old 03-19-2003, 10:50 PM   #7
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Dang... I lost the link for the Puffboy image, oh well... the cookie-cutter response.

Kensai must be,

1) Human
2) Have 15 STR
3) Have 17 INT

With ToB, dual at level 13. Weapons choice usally either Katanas or Quarterstaves.
Dundee Slaytern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2003, 08:18 AM   #8
Annatar
Mephistopheles

I'm going for Dualwield Katana's (Cheesy CF +5 with Sanchuudoku +4 come in mind ), Staff of the Magi is also something that is worth some prof. points I think....

Jon Irenicus, I'm inspired by the Acid Kensai Kuriosan.. . [img]smile.gif[/img]
If you have tactics installed...you should know what I'm talking about.
(Probaly not..because then you would be dualwielding CF & Sanchu)

Anywayz thx for the help people...
Old 03-20-2003, 08:36 AM   #9
karlosovic
Drizzt Do'Urden

actually, i think a better off-hand katana for a kensai/mage would be the bonus merchent one in the copper coronet. cant remember whats its called but its the only +2 katana there. gives good mage bonuses (extra spells etc)
Old 03-20-2003, 09:04 AM   #10
Annatar
Mephistopheles

Dak'kon's Zerth Blade +2?

Sold by Deidre in the Adventure's Mart....

Lets take a look at the stats of it:

Dak'kon's Zerth Blade +2

This sword was the weapon of choice of the famous githzerai Dak'kon. Dak'kon was killed by a powerful entity while working for a creature known as the 'Nameless One'.

STATISTICS:

Equipped Abilities:
+1 AC bonus
able to memorize one extra 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and 4th level mage spell

THAC0: +2 bonus
Damage: 1D10 +2
Damage type: slashing
Weight: 4
Speed Factor: 2
Proficiency Type: Katana
Type: 1-handed
Requires: 6 Strength
Not Usable By:
Druid
Cleric
Mage

Nice AC bonus... and some extra low level spells.... Until I get CF & Sanchu I will be using this one I think... [img]smile.gif[/img]