Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-16-2005, 08:27 AM   #1
bladedog
Dungeon Master

Well guys, thanks to your replies on an earlier post I decided to keep my SAM and see what happened.

What happened was she came good!!

After a little good fortune killing a certain high ranking rapax and retrieving his headgear she now has STR of 115 which has given her the all-important +100% damage.

Now equiped with Fang and the new sword from the Gigas caves she is striking on average 3 x 4 times per round and doing between 100 and 200 damage per round, that's assuming she doesn't critically hit or KO/Sleep/Paralyse the target with the new blade.

Allied with my FIG who is berserking (naturally) and striking 3 x 3 times per round doing between 50 and 100 per hit the front line is sorted.

But by far my most prolific killer is my bard. Somewhere I found a throwing dagger, really early on. It's a returning dagger and does 100% disease 50% poison with about 5% kill. She's had it since either the monastry or maybe the arnika road or maybe arnika itself, in any case roughly since 5th level and now at level 21 she has 50% more kills than anyone else. That dagger has saved my bacon so many times.

The biggest suprise to me anyway is RFS-81. I always liked this NPC and even in the mod I went to find him. Once I'd got his DEX up a bit so he could use his new weapon he got interesting, but now in amongst the rapax he is kicking some serious butt. Striking 2 x 3 times each round with a weapon that paralyses 50% and does double damage vs Fighter the rapax are falling like flies.

I had my two best fights in the game yesterday. First I went back to despatch al-sedexus. I have so many paralyse weapons that within the first two hits she was stuck fast and never got a chance to call any templars, hence I killed her without affecting my rating for the first time (yeah I know the freeze-all trick, just never seems to quite work out). So I entered the away camp for the first time ever under friendly terms. I rescued the prisoners and of course my rating dropped like a stone. Teleported out, then came straight back and entered the camp. As soon as I entered I encountered 24 varied rapax, and as the fight progressed I counted at least another 10 join the fight. In all it took over 30 minutes and earned me .5 million experience each, but what a fight!
bladedog is offline   Reply With Quote