Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-06-2001, 03:02 PM   #1
madmartigan
The Magister

Okay so I built my thief (pure thief) went through the whole game! He's lvl 22 right now! ( i decided not to dual to a fighter cause I am sick of that ubered combo)
His stats are as follows (align is neutral EVIL) (87 hp)
str 17
dex 19 (Imported from bg1, used 1 tome of dex)
con 16
int 15
wis 12
cha 15
His equipment is as follows
Cuthroat +4 (short sword) + Pixie dagger
he also uses gesen bow/tiguin bow
wears human flesh +5, boots of speed, ring of gaxx, ring of the ram, clock of cheating(mirroring), amulet 10% mr, wand of wonder (this one RULES!), bracers of blinding strike... and some other goodies...

This thief isnt the one hit one kill thief, but an all around fun one to play! he is awsome at pick pockets (love this skill), ANYWAY if you have any suggestions on better equipment or a better way to use him please TELL ME
Old 06-06-2001, 03:26 PM   #2
ShadowUK

Nice to see an evil charcter.........

------------------
Old 06-06-2001, 03:28 PM   #3
Accord
Ninja Storm Shadow

Gauntlet of Weapon Expertise?

------------------
Long live H22A1!!!!!
Old 06-06-2001, 03:50 PM   #4
Leagle
Manshoon

Well, nice char!
Old 06-06-2001, 07:36 PM   #5
jabidas
Silver Dragon

It all really just comes down to what you think though dosnt it

------------------
Old 06-06-2001, 10:14 PM   #6
Kerlyssa
Manshoon

Uber compared to what? A 25 stats char with hacked items? =D Seriously, looks good to me.
Old 06-07-2001, 12:11 AM   #7
dulouz
Manshoon

currently i'm playing a mage/theif. I'm kinda thinking a pure theif could have been more fun. i'll have to try it sometime. Although casting invisibility on myself several times during battles to get backstabs is pretty nice. i guess i can load up on potions of invisibility or have someone else cast them on me. or run out and hide in shadows again. who knows. i like theives though. my mage/theif is kinda weak physically, often getting something like 15 or 20 on quad backstab damage. i think the highest has been 67 with strength spells cast.
Old 06-07-2001, 12:23 AM   #8
Lifetime
Red Dragon

Looks good. I'm sorta partial to Elven Fighter-Thieves myself. I love that multiclass combo. If you want, you could make yourself a cool thief weapon. There are uber weapons for fighters and mages but none for thieves so I made a Ninja-To give lots of damage (both slashing and piercing) and one or two other minor abilities..I think I made it give me additional attacks and a small bonus to AC as well. How's that for cool thief equipment?
I also made a special Cloak and Gloves for her to boost the thievery skills and everything else.
If you're not into that, try the short sword of backstabbing. Dual wield it with the Cutthroat and you have a potent thief combo while still rp-ing your character. The pixie prick does'nt really cut it..and it sounds really wierd.

Actually my favorite way to play my thief is to change the model to the Drow Warrior and backstab my way to victory. If your hide in shadows/move silently skills are'nt high enough, pick up a ring of invisibility(there are 2 in the game) or lots of invisibility potions and use them in combat. Very effective, very fun. Also good if you need a respite from tough combat or need to get out of a tight spot quickly.
------------------
Why?

[This message has been edited by Lifetime (edited 06-07-2001).]
Old 06-07-2001, 02:35 AM   #9
madmartigan
The Magister

actually pixie pick +3 dagger is an awsome weapon for a theif (each hit opponent must make a save vrs posion or fall asleep for 2 rounds)
Old 06-07-2001, 03:49 AM   #10
Lord Shield

Odd question. You can't tell if a character's been role-played just from stats. Thinking that suggest uber-playing. Role-playing is simply playing in character during the game

------------------
In the kingdom of the blind, the one-eyed man is pimp.
http://lordraptor0.tripod.com/index.html