Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-06-2001, 09:59 AM   #1
Sparhawk
Quintesson

HEEELP!
possible spoiler up ahead for newcomers
Iīve just smashed the party standing in front of the secret door in the sewage in the templedistrict...but I need some kinda key to enter....where do I find this key....Iīd like to finish this quest so I can get exp. to bash Firekrag...the score is:
Firekrag - 21...canīt seem to get the critter down
My party - 0...and my people drop like a fly that landed on a KLINGONS lip.
__________________________________________________ ____________________________

By the way...Is the death spell anything worth...in terms of use against powerfull enemies...I donīt quite understand the description in the manual

DavidEddingsRules
Old 06-06-2001, 10:05 AM   #2
Kinslayer
Drow Warrior

The only way to get the key is by visiting the HQ of the Unseeing Eye(bottom left of the map) and agreeing to help them without ripping your eyes out. They will then give you the key and send you off to retrieve a magical artifact for them.
Old 06-06-2001, 10:08 AM   #3
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

If you're talking about door that the bunch of adventurers were standing in front of, the key you need is actually in Firkraag's Windspear Hills dungeon. It is on the half-ogre Tazok, who you fight on your way to Firkraag's lair. It's called the SEWER KEY and the item code is KEY29 if you want to CLUAConsole it (in case you dropped it or threw it out).

------------------
Old 06-06-2001, 10:13 AM   #4
Sparhawk
Quintesson

I think Iīll go on Memnochīs answer....He seems to know the answer best...Iīd actually heard it before...but U know...WORK, SCHOOL, FRIENDS, GIRLFRIEND, FAMILY AND THEN BG2...I canīt keep up with everything...

Thnx Memnoch...can I call You Memmy? )

DavidEddingsRules
Old 06-06-2001, 10:15 AM   #5
SSJ4Sephiroth
Beholder

ye gotta kill Tazok in the Domain of the Dragon.
Old 06-06-2001, 06:29 PM   #6
sunder
Zhentarim Guard

Memnoch is right, there are actually 2 keys you use in the sewers, the first is the one you are asking about, the sewer key. You use that at the adventuring party area.
The 2nd key, the one you get for accepting the Unseeing Eye quest from the followers, opens the door to the lower levels, where the beholders and undead and the 2 part rod are. You need to do this quest in order to get the remaining golden lich pieces for the demi-lich.
So really, you REALLY want to do this quest.
Old 06-06-2001, 08:39 PM   #7
SuperFLY2001
Elite Waterdeep Guard

hehe theres an wasy way to kill firkraag...just get a wand of cloudkill...cast magic resistance on him (will lower his almost immunity to magic to 20%)...stand a bit away and cast all the cloudkills you can on him...that should do it...though i prefer doing it the right way, i dont know seems kinda unfair to me doing it this way hehe...