Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 07-07-2002, 11:25 PM   #1
theifprowess
Drizzt Do'Urden

this is a response to the thread about boringness.

i came to the forums to get info and or help on games. not to bash on how much i hate it. if i wanna bash on something i dont like(I.E.religion for ME) i keep it in general discussion. im sure most people who enter the NWN forum are looking to bash the game and not try to get info. make the NWN forum more enjoyable for the people who do enjoy the game. dont ruin it for the others who do like it by stating how boring or how racist it is.

if we do that we wouldnt have to worry about closing any threads in this forum down.
Old 07-07-2002, 11:46 PM   #2
Downunda
Set - Egyptian God of Chaos

Well said Thief I agree.
By all means post if you don't like something about the game that you think someone else might be able to fix for you but don't rant about the game for the sake of ranting. It makes the game less enjoyable for others [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 07-08-2002, 12:08 AM   #3
Morgan_Corbesant
Symbol of Cyric

who said the game was racist? there are human, elves, half-elves, gnomes, halflings, and half-orcs too. does this person want to be a fairy? a god? wth?!
Morgan Corbesant, Elven BladeSinger, Captain of the army of the Seldarine<br /><br /> [img]\"http://www.rleeermey.com/images/linkbanners/usmcredwhiteblue.gif\" alt=\" - \" /><br />Protector of Elves<br />Slayer of Orcs<br /><br />ALL YOUR BASE, ARE BELONG TO US!!!<br />I DON\'T FIGHT FOR HONOR, I FIGHT TO WIN!<br />\"One who is a samurai must before all things keep constantly in mind, by day and by night...the fact that he has to die\". <br />-Daidoji Yuzan-<br />16th Century
Old 07-08-2002, 12:11 AM   #4
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

Quote:
Originally posted by theifprowess:
this is a response to the thread about boringness.

i came to the forums to get info and or help on games. not to bash on how much i hate it. if i wanna bash on something i dont like(I.E.religion for ME) i keep it in general discussion. im sure most people who enter the NWN forum are looking to bash the game and not try to get info. make the NWN forum more enjoyable for the people who do enjoy the game. dont ruin it for the others who do like it by stating how boring or how racist it is.

if we do that we wouldnt have to worry about closing any threads in this forum down.
Really? Now you may have the beginnings of a partial understanding of how myself and others feel when a person like you comes onto a forum and starts slagging our faith in God.

Kind of ruins the forum for us, and also everyone involved because that bashing has resulted in a temporary removal of discussion on things religious from the forum.

I noticed that even in this forum, in a thread about a game you had to take a swipe at my faith.

Not that it was my intent, but it seems you have had a taste of your own medicine.

Downunder, my criticisms of the game could all be fixed. [img]smile.gif[/img]

http://www.hughwilson.com
Old 07-08-2002, 12:12 AM   #5
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

Quote:
Originally posted by Morgan_Corbesant:
who said the game was racist? there are human, elves, half-elves, gnomes, halflings, and half-orcs too. does this person want to be a fairy? a god? wth?!
Have a look in the "boring" thread.

Old 07-08-2002, 12:48 AM   #6
Lady Blue03
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Yorick we dont need to start this again [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Here here prowess, lets stop bashing NWN in its own forum, jebus rice!
Old 07-08-2002, 12:55 AM   #7
theifprowess
Drizzt Do'Urden

yorick yet again you never cease to amaze me. i said send any and all bashing comments to general discussion. the whole religious thing was in general discussion. hence the term general discussion.you bash athiesm i bash religion regardless it was done in i repeat genral discussion.do i need to repeat general discussion for you?this is a gaming forum you have game sites where people gather info to help in the game and you have a general discussion area to talk about eveything else.

if your not going to contribute anything useful in a game section of the forum go post it in the GENERAL DISCUSSION section where its all about opinions and doesnt matter whos right or wrong.we want to enjoy the game here not mindless talks of racism.
Old 07-08-2002, 02:02 AM   #8
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

Quote:
Originally posted by theifprowess:
yorick yet again you never cease to amaze me. i said send any and all bashing comments to general discussion. the whole religious thing was in general discussion. hence the term general discussion.you bash athiesm i bash religion regardless it was done in i repeat genral discussion.do i need to repeat general discussion for you?this is a gaming forum you have game sites where people gather info to help in the game and you have a general discussion area to talk about eveything else.

if your not going to contribute anything useful in a game section of the forum go post it in the GENERAL DISCUSSION section where its all about opinions and doesnt matter whos right or wrong.we want to enjoy the game here not mindless talks of racism.
1.I've never bashed athiesm
2.You brought up religion twice, derogatorily.
3.We're talking about negative stereotype reinforcement in NWN, so it belongs here not in GenCon.
4.Those who practice or perpetuate racism are mindless yes. Why are you labelling criticism of it mindless? Are you a racist?
5.Why have you got such a large chip on your shoulder. Chill out thiefnoprowess.

Old 07-08-2002, 04:23 AM   #9
Megabot
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

opss here we go again!
Old 07-08-2002, 04:36 AM   #10
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Everyone is entitled to post an opinion on the game, be it positive or negative, as long as they do so respectfully and without abusing others. I'm sure they can expect to hear a lot of vigorous disagreement but they should not expect any personal abuse for expressing their opinion.

I think there's a big difference between constructive criticism and slagging the game off. We appreciate hearing the first, since it is positive and adds value, but not the second, since it's negative and does not add value. I can differentiate between the two. [img]smile.gif[/img]

And finally...I'm starting to get a little tired of hearing thiefprowess and Yorick arguing with each other about the same thing over and over again - this is not what this forum is for. Like I said before, I have neither the time and inclination to mediate and find out who started what especially since I already said my 2c in the other thread. This is not a playground - I hope this isn't the way you act in RL. Either ignore each other or take this discussion to emails or PMs, please - I won't ask either of you again.

Closed Thread