Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 08-03-2004, 01:34 PM   #1
popeye
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Great web site. I am fairly new to RPG and would like some help. I'm going slow and careful, my party is about level 13. I am stuck on getting to the rats that I'm supposed to kill on the 6th bough. Could someone please give me a hint what I need to get into the building(which I assume is the 6th bough) and where to find it? THANKS!
popeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2004, 02:12 PM   #2
Katerina Sedai
Welcomed New User

Where are you in Trynton? Have you found a place where the bridge/walkway collapses in front of you?
Old 08-03-2004, 02:42 PM   #3
Gadgeteer Tom
Dungeon Master

Have you gotten to 4th and 5th bough (signs are right and left of one's path when first approached). If so, you've met the Trynnie Gadgeteer to get detail about the Breeders ?

Hopefully you've grabbed some vine pieces (2 of them) before you got there ?

s
m
a
l
l

s
p
o
i
l
e
r

And you 'combined' the vines ?

And climbed up a ladder (after 5th bough) one way is a small pyramid that needs a specific object - the Breeders are the other way - but -

s
p
o
i
l
e
r

one of the 'dead ends' has a rope (that turns the cursor into a hand) to climb. You'll need a Rattkin key, which is in an unsecured building - guarded by Rattkin (no, it's not the "Don" - best not to kill him right away, he can get something for you - talk to him - but since he has no concern about the Breeders, I'll say no more here).
Old 08-03-2004, 02:44 PM   #4
SecretMaster
Apophis

What you need to find is pieces of vine from a monastery like building in one of the Lower Boughs in Trynton. Merge them together to create a rope. Then, find a destroyed bridge, and use the rope to fix the bridge.
Or you can do it the fun way, try crossing the destroyed bridge (which is possible) but I think you don't have a way back....

Welcom to IW, both of you. [img]smile.gif[/img]
SecretMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2004, 05:05 PM   #5
Scatter
Symbol of Cyric

It sounds like you're already on the Ratt bough, trying to get into the Serenity house. You can skip that for now and jump down from the path you're on just past the house, where you can see the path below and nothing's in your way. There's a rope you can come back up, but i never tried to use it to go down, though you do take like 5 damage jumping.
Serenity house requires 2 convarsations with the Shaman.
Scatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2004, 08:59 AM   #6
SteelBow
Elite Waterdeep Guard

You need to be in the right spot to climb down the rope. This way you don't take any damage getting down there. The only problem is if there are mobs there waiting for you. When you climb down, the game doesn't face the party in the correct direction. It has you facing left instead of straight ahead.
Old 08-04-2004, 09:59 AM   #7
popeye
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Thanks for the quick replies. I tried the suggestions, but I think I'm missing some "items" because I just can't make any progress. I may start over and start paying more attention. Thanks again for the help, I'm sure I'll be needing help again in the future.
popeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2004, 10:43 AM   #8
Nightwing
Baaz Draconian

If you haven't got the vines yet do this.
spoiler
you need to go back to the room where you killed the leaf spites before you get to the zoo by FuzzFas. In that room there are two trees in the back. Click on them and get two vines, then combine them in your inventory to make one good rope. Use this to span the bridge. Also there is a fountain just outside this same room, poke around it with your curser.
if you need the key for the Breeders it's in the building you meet Milo in on the 7th bough.
Old 08-05-2004, 03:57 PM   #9
Gadgeteer Tom
Dungeon Master

Key Spoiler
When you follow Milo, take your time, let him turn the corner - then turn around and raid the unoccupied room on the other end of that hallway.
Old 08-05-2004, 05:43 PM   #10
Variol (Farseer) Elmwood
Jack Burton

Spoilish

Actually, the vines are not on trees but growing on the 2 pillars.

Just kill Milo before you talk to him, otherwise you got to deal with him and Don..

[ 08-05-2004, 05:44 PM: Message edited by: Variol (Farseer) Elmwood ]