Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-15-2004, 04:19 PM   #1
SecretMaster
Apophis

It is so not fair. After so much perfect luring and baiting, and timing, I was finally able to drag the T'rang out of that guarded room with the fission rod. I entered the combo, got in. But they attack if you enter. So I reloaded, initiated combat, ran, and picked it up, ran back and got away smoothly, with a brand spanking new T'rang rod for my valkyrie

Except it is usable only by spellcasters...

SON OF A ...............

I want to explode right now.
SecretMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2004, 05:22 PM   #2
Ziggurat
Symbol of Cyric

It shows to go you...

If you wish real hard for something you might just get it (and it won't be what you were expecting).

The journey to a goal can be more important than achieving the goal.

You can't always get what you wa-ant...

Sage advice, n'est pas?

[ 10-15-2004, 05:24 PM: Message edited by: Ziggurat ]
Old 10-19-2004, 11:50 AM   #3
Klutz
Manshoon

Now that's funny.

The plain old Stun Rod that Sadok sells is plenty good for Valkyries, though it lacks the fun "charge" ability that the Mindblast Rod has. I'm partial to the Dread Spear myself for Valkyries, which has comparable damage and +2 to initiative instead of -6 for the Stun Rod. The paralysis ability on the Stun Rod is great, though.
Old 10-20-2004, 02:05 PM   #4
xfactor
Dungeon Master

The thing I love about the Stun Rod is that it imports from Wizardry 7 so my Wiz 7 party starts off with one. It's also easily available fairly early on and doesn't cost much.

Of course, there are other, better polearms out there but the Stun Rod has a lot of things going for it. I usually just give it to a slow character who'll go last anyway so the initiative penalty is less of a problem.

xfactor
xfactor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2004, 08:35 PM   #5
SecretMaster
Apophis

I don't think I've ever replaced the stun rod. It is just so useful even towards the end of the game due to the high paralyze hit chance. I think it is the best polearm out there IMO.
SecretMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2004, 10:52 AM   #6
Gadgeteer Tom
Dungeon Master

I have that 'Mindblast Rod', my Monk is enjoying it (10-22 damage is always nice).
However I have no Ninja, and have this Cane of Corpus - at least it'll bring a nice sale price...
RFS-81 has a 'Flame Spear', which he can deal out over 45 damage to paralyzed victims with each blow (and with Haste, he might get up to 4 cracks with it - poor Rapax...they don't last long getting ripped for almost 200 hp per round - just from RFS-81 alone).