Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-16-2004, 01:27 AM   #1
brianward420
Elite Waterdeep Guard

i was just wondering what everyones best characters have been? specifically, the chars that just kills ridiculous amounts of monsters throughout the entire game...
brianward420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2004, 02:04 AM   #2
Scatter
Symbol of Cyric

Most of them. Heh.

Well, once they get to their respective best weapons, i'd say Faerie Ninja with Cane and Rod; Rogue with Light and Stiletto; Lord with Mauler/DE; Sam with Muramasa and E.Wak; Monk with Martial Arts; Fighter with Light and DE; Fighter with Doom, Bishop with Doom.
Not in any particular order.

EDIT
err, if you mean from beginning to end, there are some to scratch from the very beginning:
FN isn't very powerful until you can getthe Cane, maybe as young as L8 if you can PP.
Monk takes @8 Levels if you put them alone in front, or up to 12 if you don't.
Bishop and Fighter-with-Doom take to around 10 to get Doom.
The others are usually quite strong right away, but not with their best weapons for a while yet.

[ 07-16-2004, 02:09 AM: Message edited by: Scatter ]
Scatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2004, 04:35 AM   #3
Target
Red Dragon

My monk and Samurai seem to be doing the most kills at the moment, they are well ahead of my Lord, Mage, bard and Ranger, also have Vi (valk) with me, just given her a good spear and she’s starting to get more kills.
I cheated once and started a game with a bard with the horn of Prometheus, when I got enough skill points and levels to use it, she out killed everything. Shame you can’t find that horn in the game.

If you can keep your head when all around are loosing theirs...you probably haven’t grasped the situation!!
Target is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2004, 05:37 AM   #4
Variol (Farseer) Elmwood
Jack Burton

My Gadgy, when builds the NegatAir far out-kills everybody else. For example, my combat at Ass. peak with the Rapax, he killed 10 of the 20 in the first round. No fighter can match that and even the ins death spells don't work as well.
Old 07-16-2004, 06:42 AM   #5
Wereboar
Baaz Draconian

Even in melee-oriented parties, my mages usually have most kills, unless i play around at AP for a long time
Wereboar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2004, 09:20 AM   #6
Nightwing
Baaz Draconian

I gotta say a lizardman Rogue with duel Thieves Dagger and power strike, or a beserk fighter with Doom.
Old 07-16-2004, 10:10 AM   #7
killerTeddy
Dungeon Master

I mostly have 1 Fighter in my parties, if you just count monster-kills i would say that's the best profession. Don't see much sense in training a character that becomes perfect, but not before ascension peak. It's the beginning of the game that's the hardest part! Take a lizard, make him strong with some Vit and Sen - and you don't have to wait half the game or more to find 1 mega-weapon. Broadsword is ok, Bloodlust you will find quite early, and many(!) more swords to come...
killerTeddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2004, 10:28 AM   #8
Gadgeteer Tom
Dungeon Master

To me it seems to be about teamwork - if my Madge whips Freeze All, then we run up and rip 'em up bad in close combat, it's just kinda unfair that the madge gets no credit for letting you deal 2x damage (my Monk with the T'Rang Mindblast Rod, especially after Haste is invoked... the Rod is rated to deal 11-20 damage, 75% Stamina drain 5% crit(add to that the Monk's %) and 15% KO - with +15 to staff skill to boot)... Ranger with Greenwood bow and Barbed arrows, Ninja with tripleshot crossbow and Lightning bolts... a lot of it is finding good equipment ! Gadgeteer with Negatair is devastating - heck the port-a-potty can wipe out lesser seekers or many insects in one use... It's teamwork. Without Rest All/Stamina, my Bard wouldn't be able to keep playing Nuclear Blast/Insanity/Silence/Freeze All/Haste/ etc.
Old 07-22-2004, 05:58 PM   #9
Scatter
Symbol of Cyric

Mindblast Rod is a Polearm, and the 15% is Polearm skill, not Staff.
And it's not 15%, but 20%.

[ 07-22-2004, 05:59 PM: Message edited by: Scatter ]
Scatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2004, 06:40 AM   #10
Randall
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I think the most kills I've had by any character was a Fighter armed with Excalibur (found it in my first ever game!)
Randall is offline   Reply With Quote