Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-08-2004, 07:40 PM   #1
ElfBane
Mephistopheles

Ok, I can beat Icasaracht one out of four times, but nothing I do seems to affect the "heart of Icasaracht",, that damn thing that keeps doing the *summons*. Help needed, thanks.

Iraq and Afghan fatalities: 6,855 and counting. Silence IS consent.
ElfBane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2004, 12:13 AM   #2
Mercc
Dungeon Master

After defeating Icasaracht I then attacked the heart behind the dragon. I used ranged weapons for some reason. Been awhile but that much I remember. Also that battle was a bear!

Mercc
Mercc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2004, 09:11 AM   #3
NobleNick
Quintesson

ElfBane,

It's been a long while for me, too. Yes, tough battle. I took out Big I and all others (except the idol and its constant stream of summons); but lost my entire party except my Thief/Illusionist and Bard. Since the Bard had no Fighters left to sing to, she whipped out her +3 (or was it +4?) cross bow (that I otherwise never let her use) and, IIRC, was able to do some damage. Also IIRC, the Thief/Illusionist tried many things that did NOT work, but finally was able to do SOMETHING that took a few HP off the idol (forget whether it was with the short bow, melee or magic) before she died.

The Bard finally prevailed (IIRC, with the crossbow). After this bittersweet victory, I reloaded from an earlier point in HoW so that I could take the party to TotLM (an opportunity that I had inadvertantly missed).

After a long hiatus from this game, I intend to soon finish TotLM, and soon thereafter, this same party will revisit Big I. Heh, heh, heh. EVERYONE has leveled at least once or twice in TotLM; and they've picked up quite a few neat items. They will be much better prepared this time around...

--------------------
What's a party,
without a song?
Bards ROCK!
Party On!!
NobleNick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2004, 09:59 AM   #4
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Block the heart's summons with your own summons and focus fire on the heart itself.
Dundee Slaytern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2004, 05:43 PM   #5
silencer
Dungeon Master

Icasaracht and the Sahuagin:
This battle is pretty easy if you have a strong fighter and mage. If you have a priest buff him with your most powerful spells (Shield of Lathander works if you're quick), and have him engage the dragon in melee, while everyone else bombards it with ranged.

The Sahuagin can usually be taken out in one hit by the mage with Horrid Wilting (they take massive damage from this since they're water-dwelling creatures).

Heart Stone:
This thing has near 100% magical resistance, so either hit it with weapons or cast a few Lower Resistance spells.
silencer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2005, 05:50 AM   #6
SnarktheStrange
The Magister

Spoiler:
]
]
]
]
]
]
]
]
]
]
]
]
]
]
]
]
]

My fighters just walked up and whacked the heart.

[ 01-30-2005, 05:52 AM: Message edited by: SnarktheStrange ]
Old 01-31-2005, 09:37 AM   #7
NobleNick
Quintesson

Quote:
Originally posted by silencer:
Heart Stone:
This thing has near 100% magical resistance, so...cast a few Lower Resistance spells.
Quote:
Originally posted by Dundee Slaytern:
Block the heart's summons with your own summmons and focus fire on the heart itself.
These pieces of advice are the ones I am most looking forward to trying against that pesky heart stone.

--------------------
What's a party,
without a song?
Bards ROCK!
Party On!!

[ 01-31-2005, 03:39 PM: Message edited by: NobleNick ]
Old 02-04-2005, 10:24 AM   #8
Lymond
Manshoon

"After a long hiatus from this game, I intend to soon finish TotLM"

NobleNick- I've been away from the Dale for a long time (I hate it when real life interferes with my gaming), but please tell me you're not finishing the game we started together over a year ago!

Lymond
Old 02-07-2005, 05:18 AM   #9
Serak Moonblade
Manshoon

spoilers!!!
did you collect the magical armour from the underground part of burial isle. its found a little towards the southwest of the map. you first encounter the living armour which talks to you. after talking to him, memorise tha 'contact other plane' spell. use this spell and ask it what the armours name is. return to the armour and on sying its name you can wear it. this armour is quite a powerful one and gives along with other things 100% immunity to fire (or was it to cold). later when you meet the white dragon in its lair, you can command the armour to convert into a glabrezu (or something like that) only thing is that the carmour vanishes of the character so keep an equally powerful armour ready.

ya and it gives you one firestorm daily i think so use that before calling upon the glabrezu.
end spoiler
Either learn or leave
Serak Moonblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2005, 04:31 PM   #10
NobleNick
Quintesson

Quote:
Originally posted by Lymond:
"After a long hiatus from this game, I intend to soon finish TotLM"

NobleNick- I've been away from the Dale for a long time (I hate it when real life interferes with my gaming), but please tell me you're not finishing the game we started together over a year ago!

Lymond
I am afraid tis true. The latest hound on my time is another grad class is Integrated Circuit design...

--------------------
What's a party,
without a song?
Bards ROCK!
Party On!!