Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Roleplaying > Ironworks Online Roleplaying
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 08-01-2006, 05:52 AM   #1
Salinye
Manshoon

Okay, so this is the thread where I get to give you all kinds of information about Marked, but unfortunately I'm waaaay too tired as it's almost 3 am here. I promise to get right on it tomorrow! :0)

~A Very Tired Salinye...
Old 08-02-2006, 02:32 AM   #2
Salinye
Manshoon

This story takes place in a fantasy based world, that I would say is more similar to the Tolkien style fantasy world. (Wizards, ranger, orcs, elves, etc.) No Japanese anime style characters or battles. :0) Now, I’m not saying this is based in the Tolkien world, just that as a reference to something well known, it would be the closest I could think of. There is also a race of evil dark skinned elves, but they are not drow or based on any particular known group in literature. They are just the evil of the elven race.

This rp is more of a collaborative story written rp style as opposed to an rp game. There will be no hit point structure or elaborate character sheets required. (Although feel free to make one if you prefer to have one for reference and character development.) The people invited to write in this are seasoned rpers and I don’t feel like a detailed rule set is needed. When creating your characters I trust you’ll be reasonable. :0)

The story has a very definite direction and I don’t want to spoil the plot by revealing much up front. I will be dming in the sense that I’ll need to keep the plot progressing in the direction it needs to go, but at the same time you will still have freedom and flexibility to develop your characters. :0)

Please feel free to post your characters below. Also if you have any questions or comments feel free to post here or pm me. :0)

~Salinye
Old 08-02-2006, 10:53 AM   #3
Salinye
Manshoon

I wanted to add a clarification for those I've been in PM's with. You will have complete control over your character. I will not be telling you yes you can do this, no you cannot do that. My reason for explaining that this story has a definate direction is only to let you know that a lot of thought has been put into game structure, npc's etc so that you will have adventures. :0) I didn't want anyone here to feel like this might be less of a quality game because it's more collaboratory and free form.

Hope that helps!

~Salinye
Old 08-14-2006, 06:55 PM   #4
dplax
Jack Burton

OOC: results of a first brainstorming session, subject to being formatted differently and changing. And surely added to. (some of this is still in chat format)

Cathal Arascain

Cathal has shoulder-length brown hair, which he either lets fly loosely, or ties into a braid, depending both on his mood, and whether he has to keep it out of the way. He is slightly taller than the average, his well-muscled body measures six feet and three inches, and weighs 210 pounds, but since most of that is muscle, no one would call him fat.

Quite contrarily to his temper, which is sometimes fast to go off, Cathal has soft brown eyes, which radiate kindness, betraying the fact that deep inside he is a kind man, and it was only his past, which gave him the rough exterior.

Once you get to know him, and he accepts you as a friend, Cathal is a very good companion to have, and you'd learn that he is very kind, but by nature and upbringing he is distrusting of strangers, and because of a betrayal in the past, finds it hard to trust someone sufficiently to develop a friendship.

So, his clan leaders are not chosen by family connections, but rather by the strongest...
You earn your leadership through your actions. His people are known as strong, fair, but feirce people. Also, Extremely honorable and loyal.
They don't trust magic users, magic is fruity...all except their village shaman, ofcourse.

he wears a kilt

So, the women in his clans are just as tough. They aren't the touchy feely kinda gals and they pull their own weight and keep the men in line. However, it's very much a patriarchal society and women's opinions aren't always valued as much as they should be.

He has some mark in his past that aids in his stubborn, mean game face. I haven't decided exactly what that is, maybe we can dream something up.

But he is true and true a good man inside, although he tries desperately to prove himself otherwise.

the reason he is travelling is because he was taking furs to be sold in the cities.

Being up in the north, they are excellent huntsmen and a lot of the clan's money comes from selling the pelts.?

So he either has them with him, or is returning from selling them.

We should call his village Sliabh.

Cathal = battle mighty
Arascain comes from a place name
Sliabh = mountain

[ 08-14-2006, 06:56 PM: Message edited by: dplax ]
dplax is offline   Reply With Quote