Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-21-2005, 12:02 PM   #1
Jaradu
Silver Dragon

Bloody Pingu Champion
I've just gotten Guild Wars this morning (for my birthday [img]graemlins/cheers.gif[/img] ) and after playing it all day so far, I'm wondering when the right time is to travel with Sir Tydus. I'm currently a Warrior/Monk halfway through my 4th level, approaching lvl 5 soon. Apparently, or so Tydus says, there will be "no turning back" and that it will be a while before I return. Should I do all possible quests to maximise my experience before travelling, or will I be pretty safe without doing the quests? I've done most of the quests, except some such as finding that guy's bird in the catacombs. It won't take much effort to do these extra few quests, but I'm so in love with this game that I can't fight my eagerness to continue.
Jaradu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2005, 12:13 PM   #2
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

You should do all the quest avaliable and to get as high level as possible. once you talk to tydus and accept his quest there's no turning back.
Kakero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2005, 06:39 PM   #3
T-D-C
Ironworks Moderator

I did it last night when I was a Level 6 Warrior/monk.
Old 05-21-2005, 07:14 PM   #4
Jaradu
Silver Dragon

Bloody Pingu Champion
Okay, I'm now a level 6 Warrior/Monk, exploring every nook and cranny possible at this moment in time looking for quests. Its mostly Regent County I'm having to explore (as none of the primary objectives involved going into this area, I sorta left it out). I expect to be level 7 or 8 by the time I leave with Tydus.

Ta!
Jaradu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2005, 07:19 PM   #5
T-D-C
Ironworks Moderator

Hmm are you an Axe, sword or hammer man. Have you found your skills trainer for you weapon yet ?

Also have you found the collectors who can trade you for better armour ?

Once you have done them you can pretty much move on.

There is also the Bandit quest, the tithe quest, the royalist quest, helping the monk thorugh the catacombs.

I was searching for quests after I hit level 6 and Hive just told me to just hurry up and leave. There isn't much left after that.
Old 05-21-2005, 07:53 PM   #6
Hivetyrant
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by T-D-C:
Hmm are you an Axe, sword or hammer man. Have you found your skills trainer for you weapon yet ?

Also have you found the collectors who can trade you for better armour ?

Once you have done them you can pretty much move on.

There is also the Bandit quest, the tithe quest, the royalist quest, helping the monk thorugh the catacombs.

I was searching for quests after I hit level 6 and Hive just told me to just hurry up and leave. There isn't much left after that.
Yeah, it's pretty boring in the first area, plus the rest of us have moved on and you can't adventure with us.
Oh, and sorry I dissapeared last night T-D-C
Hivetyrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2005, 09:21 AM   #7
/)eathKiller
Dracolisk

I've gotten characters as high as level 9 before leaving with tydus and i've seen level 10s. The secret is to not do any quests (aside from one or two necessary skill quests) and just level up on the monsters. While you travel around slaying things, pick up all the extra job quests before you, yourself, get your subjob. By about level 7 or so you'll not be able to get EXP as easily any more. This means it's time to start doing the quests. Some people will wait as high as 8 or even 9 before starting. If you can get another person to help you across the wall just to the east of the ascalon city entrance (one person stands on top and hits a switch while the second person crosses the gate) You'll find yourself in and around level 5-8 monsters which, if you're skilled enogh, you can take down easily and get as high as 11-13 (though no one's ever been crazy enough to do this)

Ideally the best time to leave is about levle 3, acoording to the guild wars game manufacturers thoh it's possible to leave much later. Once you're past 3, though, you'll be able to take on anything the academy throws at you. Bear in mind it will take longer to level up and just like in pre-searing I still suggest you keep fighting monsters for a while before you start doing quests in post-searing because 1000 XP is a lot harder to earn at level 13 than it is at level 5. Also: bear in mind that the number of quests will only increase over time. I did one yesterday that got me 2500 Experience points! And all we had to do was travel through a jungle, then antoher jungle, talk to a guy, walk back, kill a level 18 dude, then walk back through the second jungle and talk to the guy again. That quest wasn't available when I first visited the area. And that was only one of many new quests i've seen.

That quest, by the way, is called Blood and Smoke and it's found outside of Ventari's refuge but only after you do "Dropping Eaves"