Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-19-2002, 04:43 PM   #51
Lioness
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by Aviendha:
OK, I think Moni has successfully made all other posts in this thread obsolete.
[img]graemlins/wow.gif[/img] Ditto. Ditto, ditto, ditto...
Old 05-19-2002, 05:36 PM   #52
Moni

Quote:
Originally posted by Aviendha:
OK, I think Moni has successfully made all other posts in this thread obsolete.
Aviendha.
No!!! Anyone who has been into surgery for injuries or who has plates, pins, and/or staples holding them together IMO has had it a lot worse than me! Not that I shouldn't have had surgery lol but I didn't!

Quote:
I am surprised you can still be found amongst the living and for that I will say "You're one tough cookie, but stay out of pick-up trucks"
LOL You aren't the only one! Thanks for the advice but guess what I am looking for when I go shopping for a new vehicle? That's right, a pick-up truck! So far, they have been completely safe when I've been behind the wheel!

Old 05-19-2002, 09:44 PM   #53
Animal
Gold Dragon

Got shot in the back during a conveneince store robbery. The guy figured he'd finish off the job, by putting another one in my head, but missed and got my neck instead. Doc said only thing that saved my was the size of my neck. Spent 6mos in hospital, and about 20 months of rehab learning to walk again. Figured that was the end there, let me tell you.
Old 05-20-2002, 08:06 AM   #54
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
Quote:
Originally posted by Animal:
Got shot in the back during a conveneince store robbery. The guy figured he'd finish off the job, by putting another one in my head, but missed and got my neck instead. Doc said only thing that saved my was the size of my neck. Spent 6mos in hospital, and about 20 months of rehab learning to walk again. Figured that was the end there, let me tell you.
whoa dude, did they get the shooter ?
Old 05-20-2002, 11:15 AM   #55
Cecil
Dungeon Master

Boy howdy, are my injuries ever tame compared to some of you folks! [img]smile.gif[/img]

Only (bad) injury I've ever had really was from when I jumped off the couch playing super man and split my chin. I shoulda known better, I mean I was 14 years old. Hehe, j/k. I was actually about 3 or 4 from what I'm told.

The only odd thing to it, was that it's never healed right even after multiple times being stitched up. Although I don't want to jinx it, I haven't had trouble out of it in about 8 years. The last time I did, I was 17 years old, playing some game in the arcade. This guy comes up, and says: "Dude, do you know you're bleeding?" So I stop long enough to pay attention, and sure enough, puddle of my own blood all over the joystick and buttons.

It's peculiar, I don't have any feeling in the spot where it split, so when it bursts back open, I never know it until I see/feel the blood.

And since that was pretty weak compared to everyone elses 'scar' stories, I'd just like to say that it really happened when I was wrestling rabid wolverines that year I did charity work in Asia.

[img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 05-20-2002, 11:19 AM   #56
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Well, mine seems pretty minor after reading other posts here, but I can't say as I'm complaining! I got a severely sprained ankle (hairline fracture) while in Moscow and had to hop around on one foot a week before we left the country.
Old 05-20-2002, 11:31 AM   #57
Donut
Jack Burton

Fell off a bike aged 7 - five stiches in the head
Sprained ankle aged 12 whilst doing gymnastics
Badly burned hand whilst stupidly holding a firework (don't do this at home kids)
Hangnail
[img]\"http://www.wheatsheaf.freeserve.co.uk/roastspurs.gif\" alt=\" - \" /> <br />Proud member of the Axis of Upheaval<br />Official Titterer of the Laughing Hyenas<br />Josiah Bartlet - the best President the US never had.<br />The 1st D in the D & D Show
Old 05-20-2002, 12:51 PM   #58
Cerek the Barbaric
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

I've suffered an internal injury twice from the chronic illness I have (Crohn's Disease - nasty beast). It's a bit too gruesome to discuss openly on the forum. Suffice to say that both incidents required emergency surgery to save my life.

On a lighter (and more normal) note, my worst "tumble" happened my senior year in high school. I was riding through the parking lot on the hood of a friend's car. He slowed down to go around the curve in the drive and I decided to jump off (WHY?, because I was STUPID!!!) I did hit with my feet first, but promptly crashed to the ground, tumbling onto my back and sliiiiding for about 20ft. Several lacerations and abrasions, but only 2 stitches (to a small cut on my forehead). My left elbow and back took the worst of it. I had MAJOR "Road Rash" on both. But - thanks to aloe vera cream - ALL my cuts (and some were pretty bad) were completely healed within 1 week. The only scar I have is on my elbow where a piece of gravel actually took a small chunk of skin out of my arm.
Old 05-20-2002, 01:41 PM   #59
Sir Kenyth
Fzoul Chembryl

Quote:
Originally posted by The Hunter of Jahanna:
My worst injury has to be the car wreck I was in 3 yrs ago. I got hit by a drink driver and shattered my ankle and forearm. The doctors had to use steel plates to repair the damage, 5 pounds of steel all together are in me counting the rods,plates and screws used to put me back together. I have permenant stiffness and difficulty walking because of how bad my injurys were. The person who hit me died. Now every year on the anniversary of the accident I go to the cemetary and reduce their headstone to gravel. As long as the family keeps buying new ones , I will keep destroying them. It doesnt help with the pain , but I sure do feel better afterwards.
I understand being partly crippled is hell and that it's not your fault, but please, let the dead lie. Grave desecration isn't the answer to anything. Though irresponsible, I don't think he deliberately aimed for you, and he died for his folly. Holding on to your hate and desecrating his grave only hurts you in the end. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 05-20-2002, 02:04 PM   #60
Sir Kenyth
Fzoul Chembryl

Dislocated the right shoulder twice when I was real young. There must be permanent damage because I've had problems with the thing popping out all my life. Weight lifting has helped shore it up a lot, but it will never be as strong as the left arm. Had a vollyball spiked into the tip of my right pinky during a fevered game. Split the knuckle end of the bone in half and dislocated the finger sideways at a 45 degree angle. Strangely enough, it didn't hurt at all. It looked ugly though. I was lucky in all the other accidents I've had. Minor injuries. I fell thirty feet onto asphalt once and just got a sprained ankle from it. Two car wrecks and only one minor concussion.