Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-22-2001, 07:39 PM   #1
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Hi!
I am Larry from the Baulders Gate Forum, and I thought I would come over and spy on Sazerac. I have been with the board since September of last year, I think, so I carry the self-given title of Ancient, along with Rikard and Ertai...and I think Saz. as well, right???
I was wondering if someone would be so kind as to teach me more about this game, and why would I want to buy it. Is it as fun to play as the BG series?
Also, why don't I see more of you guys/gals visiting our General discussions forum???

------------------

Larry, a Loyal Guardian of the OHF
Larry_OHF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2001, 07:47 PM   #2
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Hail Larry, and well-met!

I've been around since October, so I'm probably a Veteran rather than an Ancient...but I'm pretty ancient around here on W&W, LOL!

Whew...well, as to if Wizards&Warriors is fun, the jury's out on that. I certainly think it is, as do RudeDawg and Black Knight, who are veteran BG2'ers. However, it seems that it's not for everyone.

If you are a fan of the type of games like Wizardry, Might & Magic (NOT HoMM!), Daggerfall, etc...in short, the games in which you're IN the game rather than looking at it from a 3/4 down viewpoint, then you'll probably like it. It's great for character development and exploration of a world...graphics are great, several very large and intricate dungeons, three huge overland "worlds", six different schools of magic (Sun, Moon, Spirit, Stone, Vine, and Fiend) with some interesting spell effects...The best thing I like about it is the NPC interaction. Hilarious humor throughout the game, and it really doesn't make you feel "creepy" like some games do.

There's several threads floating around on what the game is about. I'll see if I can drag some up for you.

Good to have you here!

-Sazerac
Sazerac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2001, 07:48 PM   #3
mikeyg123
The Magister

although i have never played BG i heard that it was similar to W&W. i really enjoyed this game, i just finished and am about to start a new game. usally i dont play games more than once, but there r so many things ithat people have been talking about that i have not even come across. although the game can bbe very buggy at times, it is alot of fun and it takes a while to finish.

i hope that u consider buying W&W, its a great game!!!

------------------
"if u dont like sex,.... get out of the kitchen!!!"
mikeyg123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2001, 07:53 PM   #4
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Larry...I just bumped up some "sell me" threads up to the top. Some other opinions may be in those as well.

-Sazerac
Sazerac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2001, 08:13 PM   #5
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Hi Larry!

Welcome over to the W&W board!

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2001, 08:26 PM   #6
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Muchismas gracias, conpadres!!!

------------------

Larry, a Loyal Guardian of the OHF
Larry_OHF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2001, 08:45 PM   #7
Tananda
Elminster

Larry,
You never know is it worth playing or not till you try. I am great BG-fan, but play W&W too... So I would recommend to try it

------------------
Sincerely Yours,
Tanda
Tananda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2001, 10:28 PM   #8
mammawlin
Drizzt Do'Urden

Hiya Larry! Well, as for WW game, it has LOTS to do, so it last a while; it is an exciting game with many options for characters that you get to create yourself, it has several cities, many caves and some puzzels. I like it better than BG. Although it is simular, it is different in many ways. It is not a really hard game to figure out. As a matter of fact, that is part of the fun. Many folks play it over again and again, so it is a good buy for the money. If you don't like it, pass it on!
As for the GD, I visit there sometimes. It is a nice place with lots of good people. It is hard for me to keep up with it though, it moves really quick. Currently, I am keeping an eye on the Riddle thread over there, it is cool! This WW forum is one of the greatest "little" groups in the world to me! We are like family. We would love for you to get the game and come tell us about your adventures in the Gael Serran. Also, you can find help here if needed; or you can help others who asked questions.
So welcome! Let us know what you decide.
Mammawlin

[This message has been edited by mammawlin (edited 05-23-2001).]
mammawlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2001, 10:52 PM   #9
Moni

Hiya Larry!

Just do this....when you fall asleep, concentrate on these words..."Play Wizards & Warriors" Repeat them until you lapse into unconsciousness.
Before long the urge to actually be playing it will overtake you and you will be able to think of nothing else until you do!

Moni
Old 05-23-2001, 01:24 PM   #10
realbinky
Elminster

I am a BG, Tales of SC, Torment, Icewind finsher, and a current Heart of Winter player, and a BG2 starter (soon to return - waiting on expansion). But my first games were Eye of the Beholders, ACTUALLY was watching gold box series (all of em) while at college that others played. I played Might and Magic, world of Xeen, 6, and TRIED to play 7, but it was 6 all over again, with a castle. W&W, depite the bugs, is a hugely fun romp, with plenty of special unique parts. I am biased towards IE games, as I am a closet D&D'er, that was the REAL start, but I enjoy this game quite a bit. Its very different, but clearly a RPG.
realbinky is offline   Reply With Quote