Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-20-2001, 02:48 AM   #31
Chintznibbles

Any of you guys out there weird like me and like to envision your characters having conversations as they do stuff? Like,
Whiskah: "Hey, idiot. The lever was here in the shadows the whole time."
Human: "shut yer hole, cat. Not like I can see that."
Or something perhaps a bit more inspired and/or potentially humorous, but I'm tired.
I'm also the type that sits there rolling characters and making up names long into the wee hours of the night for whatever type of game I play. Plus, I have this weird thing about characters having to have lastnames. So, after a couple hours and a couple failed parties I have:

Wylie Purrsha: Female Whiskahs warrior. Aspires to be samurai. One of my old holdovers. Quote: "You wouldn't believe how much claws add to any given relationship."
Kenan Tatona: Male human barbarian. I thought the picture of the black guy was cool, so... whats a good name for him... hmm... I settled on a name taken from a stupid TV show ("Kenan & Kel").
Janici Starburn: Female Elf ranger/paladin. Character from D&D. Likes going outside and staring at the stars. Also likes elf males with black hair and quick smiles, but thats another matter entirely.
Dael Willow: Male Gnome Rogue. Aspires to be bard... or maybe ninja. Not sure yet. jokester, talks in funny gnomish accent that probably exists nowhere except inside my head. Insults monsters. "hey, mantrap, is that yer head or did something ya ate not agree with ya?"
Feargus MacRae: Male Pixie priest, aspires to be monk. I always get a kick out of Scottish Pixies, I dunno about you. He's actually a lot like a dwarf except two feet shorter. Likes ale. A lot.
Sor'Eeayth: Male Oomphaz warlock. I've never had to make up a name for an elephant before... I dunno. Probably could'a done better with this one. Peanut addict. "I'll quit right after this basket! I swear!" "Sir, you said that eighteen baskets ago. I'm running out of nuts."

My horse was named Jimmy by Dael, who seems to be the one who does that sort of thing.
The raft was usually referred to as "Not This Stupid ^#$#$@& Raft Again!" by Kenan, who has a tendency to shout about things. Must be a barbarian thing.
Old 02-21-2001, 03:49 AM   #32
Silt

Here's my group of adventurers:

Smasher: Dwarf, Fighter ---> Samuri
Basher: Gorluk, Fighter ---> Barbarian
Helpya: Pixie, Cleric ---> Monk
Stealth: Ratling, Thief ---> Ninja ---> Assassin
Singe: Elf, Mage ---> Warlock
Char: Elf, Mage ---> Warlock

Unlike most folks, I opted not to change classes alot with my characters. I'm right near the end of the game, so I'm guessing that Stealth will soon get his chance to become a Zenmaster. I just love Stealth. He looks so cool in his red Assassin garb. Ever since he got a critical hit on Erathsmedor, he's been my favorite char.

Silt
Old 02-21-2001, 04:05 AM   #33
Maverick
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Maverick - Human Male - Warrior - Barbarian - I always call one of my RPG characters this.
Draven - Male Dwarf - Warrior - Samurai - Made it up
Kiara - Whiska Female - Warrior - Ninja - Name of next doo neighbour's cat
Norrie - Gnome Male - Rogue - Bard - Assassin - Made it up
Polgara - Pixie Female - Cleric - Paladin - Character in David Edding's Books
Maximus - Oompah Male - Wizard - Warlock - Sounded like a Wizard's name
Maverick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2001, 07:26 PM   #34
Pascha

Nearing the end now with my second party. Choose to be lazy and use names which start with the same letter as the race of the character:

Eldrich [who remembers "soul on ice"] Male Elf - Wz9/ M9/ Bard 11/ P11/ R13/ S13/ N13/ WL13/ Barb 33 & now Zenmaster [how do I get Chi .... ?]

Rosinante [didn't want to use Rita or so - wonder how many in Spain name their girls Rosinante nowadays] Female Ratling - Wz4 / Barb 10 [my rogue substitude]/ S11/ P11/ R12/ Bard 12/ M12/ N12/ WL13 / Assassin over 30 now

Gunnar [Nibelung] Male Ghourk - Wz9/ R11/ P11/ S11/ M11/ Bard 12/ WL15/ Barb 18/ Ninja

Cathrine [...] Female Cheetah - Wz9/ M10/ Bard 10/ P10/ R13/ S13/ WL13/ Barb 19/ Ninja

Diethard [as Gunnar] Male Dwarf - Wz9/ R11/ P11/ Bard 11/ M11/ S12/ WL15/ Barb 18/ Ninja

Hrosvitha [is there a prize to guess where the name comes from ????] Female Human - P9/ M10/ S10/ P10/ Bard 10/ R12/ WL12/ N12/ Barb 33 & now Valkyrie
Old 02-22-2001, 02:40 PM   #35
Gina Silver

My party consists of:

Wolf (M-Lizzord Fighter -> Samurai): My friend, who used this name as his online 'handle' would often go into RPG chatrooms as a character who was Dracon (from Wizardry series) or a similar race. Wolf and his friend Amber have always had a rivalry going as to who was the better warrior. He believes that Amber's self-righteousness prevents her from making the most of the skills she has learned. He has feelings for Amber, but would never admit them, partly because the attraction is not mutual, and he does not want to have his heart broken.

Amber (F-Whiskah Fighter -> Paladin -/-> (Soon to be) Valkyrie): A used-to-be friend of mine (her middle name is Amber) has a thing for cats. The real person is a real bitch now, but in the RPG's I play, she is still part of the party. In the online gaming that she was in, Amber is often seen in the company of a faerie dragon named Issi, that Poot is good friends with. She understands that Wolf has a strong sense of honor, but feels that his devotion to the sword, as opposed to that of the soul, will someday be his undoing. She has a preference of using Spears and Tridents, though she is resigned to the fact that it will be her that will wield the Mavin in battle, for she knows that its wrath would consume Wolf in seconds, and that Poot has a destiny elsewhere.

Poot (F-Pixie Thief -> Bard -> Ninja -> Assassin): One of the first times I played tabletop RPGs, I made and played a pixie D&D character in the group for the hell of it. She always caused her companion all sorts of grief because of her mischevious attitude. Her companion came upon a dying man whose name was Poot. Since then, she would, in a Tourette's Syndrome-esque way, just shout "Poot" every now and then. In other games that involved her, she said it so often that people assumed Poot was her name. When I played Wizardry 6 and 7, I used the pixie thief-bard leveling trick to power her up, and eventually she studied the ways of the ninja.
In my tabletop and online gaming, her story is much longer. She grew up as a Willow Faerie in the Homelands (a universe from Magic: The Gathering). One day she was attacked by one of Baron Sengir's minion vampires, and as she fought, she felt an amazing surge of strength. It felt as though she had grown in mass to twice the vampire's size (Giant Growth effect). She defeated the vampire and returned to the Grove, where Autumn Willow entrusted her with a mission to infiltrate Sengir's castle, learn what she could, and get out alive. She stole a few of Sengir's treasures (including a beautiful glove with an infamous Sapphire socketed within it), but was nearly captured. She fled from Sengir's minions deeper into his castle, and eventually arrived at an area with no apparent way out, save for a one-way portal to another world. Since then, she has been trying to make her way back to the Homelands, though next to nobody even knows of its existence, much less how to get her back. In her journeys, she befriended Wolf, Amber, Guerrerro (not present in this party) and learned the lethal arts under the monk Xen Xhang (from Wizardry 7). Her shitagi is emblazoned with the symbol of the 5 Flowers. Though most of her time is spent in mischief and entertainment, she has studied martial arts in the hope that when she returns to the Homelands, she can return as a champion powerful enough to destroy Sengir once and for all.

Memory (F-Oomphaz Priest -> Monk): I would have rather D.W. Bradley kept Rawulfs in, because Poot was always in the company of a wolf-man priest named Guerrerro. Alas, Memory is his stand-in... The name is a comparison to the elephantine appearance of the Oomphaz.

Youngun (M-Pixie Priest -/-> Soon-to-be Zenmaster): I couldn't think of a name, but somebody that small would probably be looked upon as a child compared to the rather large appearances of Wolf (6'5"), Amber (6'4") and Memory...

Firebrand (F-Elf Wizard -> Warlock): In Wizardry, I had a similar mage that I named Beavis because of his over-use of Fire magic. And whenever he would cast a spell of mass destruction, Poot would mimick his action. Firebrand is his stand-in, but Poot used items to mimick Firebrand's magic (fire-bombs and scrolls) until Poot became a Ninja.
Old 05-23-2001, 10:47 AM   #36
Moni

BUMP For BK