Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-22-2001, 09:11 PM   #1
RudeDawg
20th Level Warrior

Sorry it took so long to get back to this, RL has been keeping me too busy to post or play. But now, we're back. I'm going to try a different style, let me know which you prefer. A bit of background: As my sig says, my nickname is RudeDawg, but my character's name is Perin LightEyes. And this is his story.
__________________________________________________ _______

Perin stirred the embers waiting for the twigs to catch fire. It had died down as he slept. He fed the small flame, and watched it grow into a cheery blaze. The warmth felt good on his face. He moved the kettle next to the fire, and tossed the grounds into the water. The magic elixer has purged his body of the poison, and the other had given strength back to his bones, but he still felt tired. His body ached. He wanted to sit, relax with his cup of coffee, and watch the sun come up. He had much to think about.

He had been moving constantly, ever since the elder Gareth woke him. The night that Kerah had visited his dreams.

He had been charged with a mission, and when he returned to seek Gareth's advice, He found the elder had been killed.

Perin knew that he should seek help, but he was afraid to draw anyone into this evil web. He knew that the Gael Serran was a dangerous place, but now he was finding out for himself. Searching the crypt, he found out many things about himself.

He was growing in strength, speed, and skill. He was a much better archer and swordsman, now, than he had been that fateful night of the dreams. He was learning quickly. He had joined the Warriors guild, and sought their training eagerly.

When he reached Ishad N'Ha, he joined both the Samauri and Rogues guilds. He felt that training with all those who would teach him would save his life, soon. He was learning as much as he could.

The mayor of Ishad N'Ha accepted the package, and rewarded Perin as promised. Quickly, he accepted quests from the three guilds, and set off to the Serpent's Temple.

It felt like days, and when it was over, Perin was alive. For a long time, he wasn't sure that he would see the sun again.

While facing the Naga, Xydusa, Perin took many blows. He found himself fighting with everything he had. No matter how he dodged, or moved, the Naga seem to be able to reach him. Finally, he watched her fall to the onslaught of bow and blade, but when the fight was over, Perin felt the poison clutching his body. He was barely able to force the elixer down his throat, and was wracked with pain as the poison flooded out of him. He hated the taste of the magic potions that gave him the needed strength, but knew that they were necessary tools.

Perin thought that the Naga was the end of his trial. He was wrong.

Climbing deeper into the belly of the earth, Perin found the Serpent Master, and finally, Elyssia. She may not have been too hard to fight, but her chamber was quickly flooded with snakes and temple priests. Perin began to move, and to use the cover afforded by the corridors. Then, he faced Elyssia alone. Perin was learning to keep his distance, and let his bow speak. It spoke to her of death.

Bleeding, and battered, Perin climbed out to the light. H struggled onto Toronado's saddle, and slept as the horse walked away.

Perin smiled grimly, as he whittled another arrow. The details of his plight in the temple was still a bit fuzzy. He needed more coffee. He had to think. He had to plan his next move.

This hero stuff was much harder than he had believed.

------------------

The RudeDawg
Known in these Forgotten Realms as Perin LightEyes
and my girlfriends, Pamila and Pfil

[This message has been edited by RudeDawg (edited 05-22-2001).]
RudeDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2001, 09:53 PM   #2
Moni

Oh Excellent!

Breathlessly awaiting to hear the further tales of the Adventures of Perin LightEyes in The Gael Serran!

Bravo!

Moni
Old 05-22-2001, 09:58 PM   #3
mammawlin
Drizzt Do'Urden

Dawg, I don't know what to say. . . It's great! Perfect for Slip's site. You should send it to him and put your sig on the sight too.

Onward brave Ranger, to your fate, to your next adventure. There are monsters that need to be killed, battles that need to be won and tales that need to be told.

Mammawlin
mammawlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2001, 10:35 PM   #4
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

RudeDawg: Wow! Yes, the magic of the Gael Serran has claimed you, too!

Great story! Thanks for sharing it. That battle with Elyssia is a doozy; one of the best, IMO.

Good going!

-Sazerac
Sazerac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2001, 10:56 PM   #5
Tananda
Elminster

What an impressive story! Bravo, Perin LightEyes!
Wonderful!
It is to be continued, isn't it?
Tananda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2001, 09:18 AM   #6
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Ah - another wonderful tale from Gael Serran!!!

Excellent, Dawg!! Perin is indeed a true Hero!!!

Keep them coming!!

Wyv

------------------
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2001, 09:35 AM   #7
adam warlock
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

waiting for further adventures of Perin!

------------------
adam warlock is offline   Reply With Quote