Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 04-13-2004, 09:03 PM   #31
The Hierophant
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

My God Sarah, you really do have a career ahead of you as a professional nitpic...uh... 'proofreader'. Anyway, s'all fixed now, just for you

And Arledrian has a very good point. How often do you apply your own standards to yourself dearie? hmmm? [img]smile.gif[/img]

Bahamut, you don't need companions to get high, at least not on the herb. You just some good music, some visual entertainment, and alot of tasty munchables, you'll get very hungry

Vask, that's a good song. But I have absolutely no respect for Cypress Hill after hearing that travesty 'What's your name, What's your number'. They can all go get caps busted in their asses for all I care now. Sellouts...
Old 04-13-2004, 10:39 PM   #32
Vaskez
Takhisis Follower

I haven't HEARD "What's your number" but after your post I went and read the lyrics on OHHLA. Ok, so it's not a great or original song judging from the lyrics but what do you mean "sellouts"? What don't you like about the song? Then again, if you want to discuss the morals in the song then it's not very valuable material from that sense either But again, I don't listen to rap for the moral value, hehe. In fact, I disagree with the message of about 80% of rap songs but I like the music anyway. Ooops I digress.

[ 04-13-2004, 10:42 PM: Message edited by: Vaskez ]
Old 04-14-2004, 01:03 AM   #33
The Hierophant

Quote:
Originally posted by Vaskez:
I haven't HEARD "What's your number" but after your post I went and read the lyrics on OHHLA. Ok, so it's not a great or original song judging from the lyrics but what do you mean "sellouts"? What don't you like about the song? Then again, if you want to discuss the morals in the song then it's not very valuable material from that sense either But again, I don't listen to rap for the moral value, hehe. In fact, I disagree with the message of about 80% of rap songs but I like the music anyway. Ooops I digress.
Man, you've just gotta listen to it, you'll understand. It's just like a pop 'love song'. Sends shivers of revulsion down my spine. No real rapping or anything, just singing along about 'I'd like to get to know you' and all that crap. When really they should be tellin' the stank ass ho's to just kneel down and suck..... uh, well, you get my drift. They'll be wearing turtle-kneck sweaters pretty soon, with silky-fine shampooed hair-dos parted down the middle.

But hey, they're alot more radio-friendly and will be able to tap into the girlie market now. They've gotten to the age where street cred doesn't matter anymore and they want to put a nice nest-egg away for their retirements. Bastards!
Old 04-14-2004, 07:38 AM   #34
Bahamut
Iron Throne Cult

Thanks Vask... great words of wisdom... [img]smile.gif[/img]

Hiero: Heck, yeah but of course it'd be fun IF you had it with people you know... hehehe speaking of getting stoned... I think my friend just came back from his overseas tour...
Old 04-14-2004, 08:18 AM   #35
Vaskez
Takhisis Follower

Quote:
Originally posted by The Hierophant:
Man, you've just gotta listen to it, you'll understand. It's just like a pop 'love song'. Sends shivers of revulsion down my spine. No real rapping or anything, just singing along about 'I'd like to get to know you' and all that crap. When really they should be tellin' the stank ass ho's to just kneel down and suck..... uh, well, you get my drift. They'll be wearing turtle-kneck sweaters pretty soon, with silky-fine shampooed hair-dos parted down the middle.

But hey, they're alot more radio-friendly and will be able to tap into the girlie market now. They've gotten to the age where street cred doesn't matter anymore and they want to put a nice nest-egg away for their retirements. Bastards!
LOL ok I see what you mean. And here's the dilemna again. While the pop love songs are more "women-friendly" and less misogonistic, from a rap song you're looking for something else it's always what's nice and moral vs. what sounds good isn't it? Rarely do the 2 coincide, hehe.

On the previous subject, every album "the Hill" have had at least one weed-devotion song:

album 1: Stoned is the way of the walk
album 2: I wanna get high - that song cracks me up especially with the out of tune singing at the beginning
album 3: Everybody must get stoned - as quoted above
album 4: Dr. Greenthumb and High Times - ooh 2 on this album!
album 5: Can I get a hit
album 6: Weed Man
album 7: Ganja Bus

LOL, no wonder that in "King of The Hill" Ice Cube says to them: "Once again, I see a joint in your clutch, damn you smokin that shit too much!"

These songs crack me up, I gotta quote "I Wanna get high"

I want to get high - so high!

Well that's the funk elastic, the blunt I twist it
The slamafied, bonafied funk on your discus
Oh, what you messed with, you got to bear witness
Catch a ho and another ho Merry Christmas
Yes I smoke shit, straight off the roach clip
I roach it roll the blunt at once to approach it
Forward motion make you sway like the ocean
The herb is more than just a powerful potion
What's the commotion, yo I'm not joking around
People learning about, what they're smoking
My oven is on high, when I roast the quail
Tell Bill Clinton to go and inhale
Exhale, now you felt the funk of the power
now feel the effects...

LMAO

[ 04-14-2004, 08:24 AM: Message edited by: Vaskez ]
Love conquers all? Damn, I'd say that area's gray
Old 04-14-2004, 08:21 AM   #36
The Hierophant

Quote:
LOL ok I see what you mean. And here's the dilemna again. While the pop love songs are more "women-friendly" and less misogonistic, from a rap song you're looking for something else it's always what's nice and moral vs. what sounds good isn't it?
It's not about being moral, it's about being ■■■■■-whipped!
Old 04-14-2004, 08:22 AM   #37
Vaskez
Takhisis Follower

bumping so you see my great edits to the last post [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img]
Old 04-14-2004, 08:54 AM   #38
The Hierophant

Quote:
bumping so you see my great edits to the last post [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img]
No need to educate me in the beauty of Cypress Hill's lyrical content my friend. When I was 12, 'Black Sunday' was my audio bible [img]smile.gif[/img] Then came Temples of Boom, and a pseudo-spiritual love affair with unrepentant, ruthless gangster brutality was born

Hence the sense of betrayal with their latest, lady-friendly efforts to tap into the big bucks of the sickly-sweet pop market [img]graemlins/1pissed.gif[/img]

Old 04-14-2004, 09:15 AM   #39
Vaskez
Takhisis Follower

Hehe I never thought Black Sunday was good enough to be an audio bible but back when I was 13 I was too busy listening to NWA and 2Pac. I only really got a "heads up" to the Hill when I heard Tequila Sunrise, even though Insane in the Brain had been around for ages. I'm afriad the Hill will always be behind 2Pac and Nas in my mind, but they are on my top 10, and that's something too. However, I do have Black Sunday, Temples of Boom, IV, Skull & Bones and Stoned Raiders. You think the new album's worth getting overall?

[ 04-14-2004, 09:16 AM: Message edited by: Vaskez ]
Old 04-14-2004, 09:23 AM   #40
The Hierophant

Quote:
Hehe I never thought Black Sunday was good enough to be an audio bible but back when I was 13 I was too busy listening to NWA and 2Pac. I only really got a "heads up" to the Hill when I heard Tequila Sunrise, even though Insane in the Brain had been around for ages. I'm afriad the Hill will always be behind 2Pac and Nas in my mind, but they are on my top 10, and that's something too. However, I do have Black Sunday, Temples of Boom, IV, Skull & Bones and Stoned Raiders. You think the new album's worth getting overall?
Havn't heard the whole album. But even based on the one song I've heard...

NO!