Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-31-2003, 09:15 AM   #1
wellard
Dracolisk

It was about half nine at night, just a few hours ago. A loud and persistent knock at the door. My wife putting the safety catch on opens the door with me behind. Outside a poor young girl (19?) with a 6 month old baby in the pram stood distraught. Sorry she stutters sorry I need help please help she says between gulps of air trying to fight the tears. Without hesitation we help her inside, lock the door and sit her down. We hand her tissues and water and listen to her.

She begins to talk to Carolyn, Sensing it's a girl-to-girl thing I check all round the house and outside (more on this later). After half an hour or so her mum picks her up and with apologetic thanks to imposing herself onto 2 complete strangers she leaves back in the care of her mum who lived a few streets away.

Carolyn tells me of her broken finger, obvious marks all over her face and body, her clumps of hair missing from the back of her head. The story of her boyfriend punching holes into the walls of the house ECT. I'm just glad we were able to offer a haven of peace and someone who fully understands the domestic violence *my wife has a past boyfriend and a history that is not mine to discuss here*

I did consider phoning the police but I just left my wife to talk to her until her mum came. The whole episode has left us shaking. Poor thing what could justify such anger and violence.

The baby appeared happy and free from care.

More later... my wife needs a little TLC

fossils - natures way of laughing at creationists for over 3 billion years
Old 07-31-2003, 09:20 AM   #2
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Oh dear! Wellard, you did a good thing. I only hope the person who's abusing her doesn't LIVE with her parents and she can keep away from him. Who knows if he'd stop with her and not harm an infant? Sounds like the poor woman needs a safe haven and she found some very helpful and understanding people at your place. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Tell Carolyn I think she did a really wonderful thing and I hope she isn't too shaken up by it.
God Bless you both for caring so much.
Old 07-31-2003, 09:27 AM   #3
Xen
Symbol of Moradin

I second Cloudy`s statement!
Old 07-31-2003, 09:38 AM   #4
wellard
Dracolisk

Seemingly she lived a few streets away herself, but just could not manage to get to her mothers house. in a way she was a brave woman for knocking at a strangers house. Carolyn told me her *stranger* had a head that was pounding and hurt.

I hope she is allright. Seemingly it was only when the man tried to reach the baby that she took flight.

fossils - natures way of laughing at creationists for over 3 billion years
Old 07-31-2003, 09:44 AM   #5
Son of Osiris

There is one way that could have justified that...you could have given the two girls a pepper spray can, a cattleprod, a crowbar, OR you could have given the older one a can of some flamable liquid and a lighter! Yeah! Instant Flamethrower!

Just Kidding. The Good Book says "Thou Shalt Not Kill" so what I just said above is completley out of the question. You could have called the Feds and let them take care of the whole situation.

Oh yeah, God Bless you for sheltering those two from that cowardly a**hole. I couldn't have come up with a better solution other then to hunt the motherf***** down, beat the s*** out of him, jam his a** into a trash can and throw it right into f****** Niagra Falls...Oh F***** great! 'ow I'm star'ing t' sound like f****** Ozzy Osbourne!

Best Wishes, Wellard, and I hope my little prelude has healed your shattered heart. Peace.

[ 07-31-2003, 09:51 AM: Message edited by: The Whackmiester ]

Old 07-31-2003, 09:47 AM   #6
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

If he was going after the baby AND harming the mother, I'd say she did the right thing by getting the heck out of there and I surely hope her family keeps her safe and calls the police!
Old 07-31-2003, 10:10 AM   #7
Harkoliar
Jack Burton

hey wellard you ok there mate? hope everything is ok there. it is a good things the woman stumbled upon your home.. cuz im sure they will be in good hands. [img]smile.gif[/img] . now just find yourself a baseball bat and in case the boyfriend shows up.. WHAM!

Catch me if you can..
Old 07-31-2003, 10:11 AM   #8
Xen
Symbol of Moradin

Good idead Harkoliar!

Go get `em tiger
Old 07-31-2003, 10:22 AM   #9
Jorath Calar
Harper

What Cloudy said:
"God Bless you both for caring so much."

shows there is still some hope in this world.

I hope they will be okey and that bastard gets what he deserves...
Old 07-31-2003, 10:51 AM   #10
Donut
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by The Whackmiester:
There is one way that could have justified that...you could have given the two girls a pepper spray can, a cattleprod, a crowbar, OR you could have given the older one a can of some flamable liquid and a lighter! Yeah! Instant Flamethrower!

Just Kidding. The Good Book says "Thou Shalt Not Kill" so what I just said above is completley out of the question. You could have called the Feds and let them take care of the whole situation.

Oh yeah, God Bless you for sheltering those two from that cowardly a**hole. I couldn't have come up with a better solution other then to hunt the motherf***** down, beat the s*** out of him, jam his a** into a trash can and throw it right into f****** Niagra Falls...Oh F***** great! 'ow I'm star'ing t' sound like f****** Ozzy Osbourne!

Best Wishes, Wellard, and I hope my little prelude has healed your shattered heart. Peace.
Very good suggestions, well thought out! But what are the Feds?
[img]\"http://www.wheatsheaf.freeserve.co.uk/roastspurs.gif\" alt=\" - \" /> <br />Proud member of the Axis of Upheaval<br />Official Titterer of the Laughing Hyenas<br />Josiah Bartlet - the best President the US never had.<br />The 1st D in the D & D Show